What you'll do...
Join Walmart as a Senior Manager I, Finance - Sam's Merchandise and your work could help over 295 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Are you looking to help drive impact through quality business insights and analytics for a fast growing, high-impact area of the business? Many of our teams perform critical roles in supporting digital acceleration and projects that significantly improve the way our business operates. This Sr. Manager position will manage and oversee a broad range of critical financial activities including financial planning, forecasting, management reporting, and business analytics. You will be responsible for delivering a new way of working in finance, helping quickly connect dots across business activities and to source, validate, and visualize relevant data that helps draw insights that enable the business to plan and take quick action.
About the Team
Join our team of fun associates that support the fresh, freezer, cooler merchants at Sam's Club. Our team is structured around 2 main functions: 1) high level support focused on macro trends, competitors and general insights to drive business performance and 2) item level specific support to ensure proper product flow and financials on key seasonal and promotional items.
About the Role
This role will act as the CFO for Meat/Seafood supporting the VP and Sr. Merchants, understanding the "why" behind the numbers, delivering insights into the business and helping the merchants deliver their results. Meat/Seafood is an important piece of the Sam's Club portfolio, enticing members with our assortment and high quality products.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
You'll make an impact by
- You love digging into the numbers to find new opportunities or patterns to explain "the what and why" behind performance.
- You're curious and creative and have a track record of coming up with inventive and sustainable solutions for big problems and opportunities.
- You have demonstrated experience building / maintaining tools that enable data visualization and analytics.
- You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments
- You're a great communicator, have a great eye for detail, and can articulate points in a simplistic approach.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
- You're organized, disciplined, and can manage competing priorities simultaneously.
- You have high standards and believe in accountability.
- You're stimulated by challenges and tough problems, and can navigate through ambiguous environments.
Driving Strategic Analytics: Drive a cohesive set of reporting and analytics tools that help us simplify our work and progress into a more insights and analytics focused team.
Being a Trusted Advisor: Develop strong and trusting relationships with internal teams. Serve as the go-to for analytics - working across the organization to solve issues, address pain points and implement growth initiatives.
Producing Informative Financial Materials - Creating and presenting financial information to business partners in a clear and concise manner and simplifying visualizations to help drive adoption and ease of use across Global Sourcing.
Delivering Data Driven Analysis - Sourcing and compiling relevant data; organizing and validating data prior to data analysis; consolidating and identifying exceptions and patterns in data; synthesizing data in the creation of actionable customer insights; and translating information into action plans.
Practicing Continuous Process Improvement - Supporting our transformation journey by analyzing, proposing, and presenting solutions and process improvements to senior management for approval; and implementing new systems/process or enhancements.
Gaining An Understanding of Sourcing - Demonstrating ability to learn and keep up to date an understanding of Global Sourcing and new and creative solutions to help the business make the best choices.
Driving a New Way of Working - Help educate our team and our stakeholders on our tools, data, and utilization to help us more quickly adopt a more digital and data driven way of working.
Benefits & Perks
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 3 years' experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR 5 years' experience in accounting, finance, or related area
- 1+ years' experience in Analytics, Planning, Business Management, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related area
- 1+ years of experience leading and completing cross-functional projects
- Experience working with Finance technologies, including Power BI and other data tools
- Experience across FP&A, process design, process mapping and process improvement
- Advanced financial modeling skills and comfortable working with large data sets
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Detail and results-oriented with sense of urgency
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 3 years' experience in accounting, finance, or relevant area OR 5 years' experience
in accounting, finance, or related area.
1 year's experience leading and completing cross-functional projects. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Analyzing data and interpreting results, Microsoft Office, Supervisory experience
Masters: Business Administration Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
This job has expired.