Senior Manager, B2B Vertical Marketing - SAL021463
Come Join US Cellular- Located right off the blue line in Chicago/ Rosemont, US Cellular offers a dynamic workplace, competitive salaries including bonuses, a very casual atmosphere and lucrative benefits including a 401K AND pension. There's a reason the Chicago Tribune has voted US Cellular as a "Chicago Top Employer" 4 years in a row. Work life balance is paramount here and embracing diversity and inclusion is part of our DNA. Our core values, entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature empower our associates to do remarkable things. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 6,000 employees making a difference every day.
Responsible for creating overall strategy to assist in go to market efforts, supporting and managing vertical solutions/applications (e.g., fleet solutions, temperature monitors) and customer industry verticals (e.g., construction, agriculture, government). This includes developing go-to-market strategies, vertical solution positioning and value propositions, sales and marketing collateral, and thought leadership content. They must be able to collaborate with product and sales leaders to help identify the core messaging and differentiators that will resonate with our defined target audiences. An outstanding candidate will have prior experience driving growth and engagement with existing customers and potential customers, while working across the organization to prioritize the product features demanded by markets.
- Provide deep understanding of market opportunity by size and growth by vertical for each solution
- Develop value proposition and messaging tailored to key buyer personas and their needs
- Act as a subject matter expert for vertical offerings to help develop impactful messaging that differentiate our solutions/applications in the marketplace
- Generate innovative content for marketing collateral and thought leadership initiatives, including white papers, webinars, one-sheets, case studies and presentations
- Plan demand generation programs to drive brand awareness and qualified leads to meet sales objectives
- Partner with Product Management and Product Marketing to manage product launch plans and create effective messaging to drive demand
- Collaborate with sales, product and business development leaders to align on go-to-market priorities, product adoption goals and revenue growth
- Lead, attract, motivate and manage high performing teams
- Coach, motivate and develop associates to achieve and exceed goals by establishing accountabilities, agreeing to high standards monitoring and reviewing performance and providing timely and relevant feedback
- Maintain composure under pressure and ambiguous situations
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field
- 8-10 years of experience with a combination of technical and creative marketing expertise in a B2B environment
- Proven success in creating compelling industry specific value proposition and messaging.
- Demonstrated experience in generating thought leadership content for marketing campaigns and sales enablement assets
- Proven success combining creative and critical thinking skills to create accurate forecasts and implement programs on time, within budget, and in support of strategic goals and objectives
- Experience working closely with marketing communications, demand generation marketing, product management and sales teams to achieve shared revenue goals
- Strategic thinker, skilled communicator and seasoned influencer with demonstrated ability to drive consensus at all levels
- Ability to take complex analytic solutions and articulate actionable insights
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and then translate them for less technical audiences
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in fast-paced environment
- Relevant B2B technology marketing experience, primarily in telecommunication, technology, and/or start-up companies
- Entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to wear multiple hats with a "roll-up-your-sleeves" mentality
- Prior experience tackling ambiguous complex problems in a changing marketplace and creating effective solutions/responses
- MBA preferred
: Sales Business Solutions Location(s)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.