Insmed is a global biopharmaceutical company on a mission to transform the lives of patients living with serious and rare diseases. Our most valuable resource is our employees, and everything we do is motivated by a patients-first mentality. We are dedicated to growing our team with talented individuals from around the world who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively with a sense of urgency and compassion.
Guided by our core values of collaboration, accountability, passion, respect, and integrity, we aim to foster an inclusive, diverse, and flexible work environment, where our employees are recognized for leaning in and rolling up their sleeves. If you share our vision and want to work with the most dedicated people in the biopharma industry, come to Insmed to accelerate your career.
Named Science's Top Employer in 2021 and 2022
Insmed is dedicated to creating a collaborative environment where our team can thrive. Every day, our employees turn their passion for science and research into innovative solutions for patients. That's why we were named the No. 1 company to work for in the biopharma industry in Science's Top Employers Survey for two years in a row.
A Certified Great Place to Work
We believe our company is truly special, and our employees agree. In July 2022, we became Great Place to Work-certified in the U.S. for the second year in a row. In 2022, we were also listed as the No. 2 company on the Best Workplaces in Biopharma TM List, Small and Medium, and one of the Best Workplaces in New York TM , which recognizes companies headquartered in NY, NJ, and CT.
The Senior IT Support Engineer will research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner. Responsible for working with different systems, software, and hardware and follow standard procedures to escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments.
This is a non-supervisory role.
Additional representative responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Prioritize, manage, and escalate issues in a strategic and effective manner.
- Provide mid-to-senior level systems administration expertise, support, and service.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex support issues.
- Manage adherence to SOX compliance guidelines including segregation of duties.
- Coordinate and participate in team meetings to discuss new technology initiatives.
- Analyze data from logs and other sources to identify and resolve problems with computer networks or applications.
- Determine the cause of problems and suggesting solutions for problems related to computer hardware or software.
- Maintain and contribute to an internal knowledge base of technical documentation and SOPs.
- Lead trainings for employees as part of onboarding and continued technology education.
- Involves technical understanding of architecture and environments supported.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Provide escalation support per request from various sources; investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Delivers high level IT support both onsite and at remote offices.
- Works with CEO's Assistant and the IT Support to develop a support plan and technology roadmap for CEO technology needs, including travel and other offsite engagements.
- Global support as needed.
- Protects and maintains the privacy of employee information.
- Responds quickly to technology outages affecting the User and service at the home offices to restore service as quickly as possible, on a 24/7 basis as needed.
- Act as a mentor and provide oversight, coaching, and training to technical Support staff, specifically in San Diego office.
- Be the point of contact when it comes to technical escalations, specifically in San Diego.
- Assist in the creation of the team KPIs as well as monitor and report on results
- Bachelor's degree required.
- High standards of professionalism and integrity.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a heavy customer focus position involving and technical knowledge of a companies' products and services
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through company ticketing software, such as ServiceNow in addition to other remote access desktop programs (LogMeIn, Teams, Zoom).
- Able to take initiative and multitasking.
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to review processes or procedures.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients.
- Experience installing and configuring computer systems and applications for a large company
- Experience with Active Directory, Okta, Office 365, etc.
- Ability to explain technical issues in non-technical terms to end users.
- Accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services.
Up to 5% travel based on vendor requirements. Additional Information
Insmed Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission, and we will keep all submissions on file for six months.
This job has expired.