Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The IT LIMSAnalyst supports the organization by assessing the impact of requested changes, capturing and documenting requirements, and ensuring that those requirements are delivered by IT. In addition, the Business Analyst is responsible for the documentation and execution of test plans for the delivered functionality while supporting the business through the implementation process. Business Analyst will be involved from initial concept through final implementation, including requirements gathering, design, testing and implementation. Business Analyst should be the subject matter expertize on the business process workflows and system workflows. The major immediate focus is the implementation of new LIS/LIMS system at our Clinical Diagnostics laboratories.
Essential Job Duties:
- Consult with different areas of the organization to identify and document the requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems.
- Document business functions and processes using a best practice standard developed by the Business Analysis team.
- Track and document requirements for business and functional specifications using best practice standards developed by the Business Analysis team.
- Track and fully document test cases to validate requirements are met using best practice standards developed by the Business Analysis team.
- Participate in direct observations with business resources to understand workflows as part of the project timeline. The LIMS Analyst will need to be able to execute workflows during testing phases of the project.
- Actively participate in testing of new and enhanced system functionality and capture issues found in testing in a documentation repository.
- Document requirements, test cases, issues, and testing evidence using a documentation repository. Create Traceability.
- Understand and follow the Information Technology (IT) SDLC process.
- Actively participate in unit, system, and user acceptance testing of new and enhanced system functionality. Consult with Subject Matter Experts when needed but will have full ownership of validating new functionality.
- Act as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, and consultants in the SDLC to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Work with other Business Analysts. Developers, Project Management, Test Engineers and Lab validation team to develop best practice standard of documenting business processes, requirements and test cases.
- Develop training materials when applicable.
- Train lab resources to use lab's applications and new functionality.
- Support the laboratory validation of the new developed functionality.
- Travel to the lab sites and work with the local teams to perform the LIS/LIMS implementation
- BS degree in biological, physical, chemical, clinical laboratory science or an associate degree in medical laboratory technology and/or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of lab operations and functions.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Service driven with a professional attitude.
- Ability to solve problems; prioritize and multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with peers.
- Healthcare or laboratory knowledge/experience preferred.
- 7+ years of business analyst experience or other relevant experience.
- Ability to provide proactive recommendations to management and internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information.
- Excellent level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to create an end-to-end workflow using LIMS administration knowledge and experience.
- Complete understanding of SDLC processes, experience writing complete requirements and test cases.
- Ability to write and execute test cases independently.
- Expect to travel to support multiple Eurofins clinical laboratories
- Ability to aid the Help Desk in answering user's questions and resolving problems.
- Ability to contribute to design and solution discussions.
- Travel 30% of the time
Position is Full Time,Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. This position does allow and can work remotely.
The role is based out of Framingham, MAand all candidateswithin Framingham, Massachusetts
commuting distance are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays