The Senior Internal Auditor II will perform more complex financial, compliance, and operational audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. An audit will consist of reviewing how controls are designed and operating to mitigate identified risks of the various departments within the organization to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial records; strong internal control environments, and compliance with company standards, accounting standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Independently performing process walkthroughs to identify the key activities, risks and controls
- Applying risk and control concepts to assess control design and developing a test approach of the key controls
- Testing the effectiveness of the key controls identified
- Enhancing more complex audit / accounting / technical knowledge
- Discussing and reporting control design deficiencies and controls not operating as designed
- Validating with management the resolution and implementation of corrective action plans
- Performing direct assistance (i.e., substantive testing) work on behalf of our external auditors
- Performing more complex special projects as deemed necessary by management
- Provides suggestions to management on ways to mitigate risk or enhancing the effectiveness of processes
- Maintaining organizational and professional ethical standards and ensuring internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the Standards
- Working on multiple audits and projects simultaneously
- Completes audits key requirements and workpapers independently with limited supervision
- Work papers are well documented and easy to follow
- Willingness to enhance internal audit concepts and techniques
- Asks questions to better understand assigned tasks
- Communicates status regularly
- Meets deadlines or informs supervisor of roadblocks
- Listens to peers, managers and clients
- Willing to put in the extra effort so that the Department can meet key milestones and deadlines
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned
- Being a positive influence for the team and guide junior staff
- As needed, be able to travel-domestically up to 20%
Qualifications Qualifications: Required:
- Bachelor Degree, preferable in Accounting or Internal Audit
- Computer skills on MS Office (e.g. excel, power point)
- Clear and concise written communication
- Minimal grammatical / spelling errors in written communication
- Professional demeanor with clients and teammates
- Demonstrates integrity and respect
- More advanced audit / accounting / technical knowledge
- CPA, CIA or equivalent audit qualification is a plus
- 4 or more years of Audit experience, particularly in financial industry
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job has expired.