GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated highway design engineer to be a part of our expanding design team located in our Scott Depot, WV office. The position provides opportunities for advancement, as well.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Project Management
- Performing highway design with limited guidance
- Developing project deliverables including construction plans
- Creating schedules and budgets
- Creating design exception justification reports
- Managing staff
- Coordination with clients
- Working independently
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- 5 to 15 years of experience
- Professional Engineering registration preferred, with registration in WV desired
- Familiarity with West Virginia Department of Highways standards
- Experience in aspects of highway design which, include horizontal and vertical alignments, intersection design, roundabout design, roadside safety improvements, drainage design, stormwater management, environmental site design, erosion and sediment control design, maintenance of traffic plans and preparation of cost estimates and specifications for the purposes of project advertisement
- Knowledge of Computer-Aided Design using MicroStation and InRoads
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members