Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in Philadelphia:
Senior Health & Benefits Consulting Analyst
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- You will be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- The chance to work alongside some of the smartest people in the industry
- Collaboration with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies' health and welfare programs.
We will count on you to:
- Competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, and 401k
- Generous vacation/personal days in addition to holidays and volunteer days.
- You will be a key part of teams that create strategic roadmaps, design benefit plans, develop contribution strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meetyour client's benefit and financial needs. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
What you need to have:
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
- Develop an awareness of the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs.
- Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
- Help write and structure client communications including: proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Build and maintain relationships with internal teams and subject matter experts, as well as develop relationships with clients
- Interact with carriers and vendors to gather quotes, negotiate, handle client service issues, and review plan documentation
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Ability to work at a fast pace, both independently and in a team environment
- Capacity to manage competing priorities with strong time management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous working experience with health and benefits
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.