Mercer is currently seeking candidate for the following position based in the Mercer Chicago office.
Senior Health & Benefits Consultant
What can you expect?
- The Senior Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant will manage consulting engagements with 2,000+ life employers regarding their medical, dental, life and disability benefit plans and programs and negotiate with benefits carriers and vendors to secure health and welfare plan coverage for these employers
- Level of support provided depends on size of client as well as complexity and revenue of the account - at this level the senior consultant is the client manager and is often the Mercer relationship manager
What's in it for you?
- We are the global front-runner in the human resources consulting
- As part of Mercer, we offer top-notch benefits: multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets - benefits coverage starting Day 1
- We attract a diverse mix of talents from all over the worldand our culture serves as a powerful reflection of this. We are a family of exceptionally talented colleagues who thrive on creativity, forward-thinking and giving back. We are a global workforce energized and united by a common purpose: making a difference in the moments that matter - for our clients, our communitiesand our world. Our people feel confident to succeed here because they can truly be themselves. We embrace, encourage and advance diversity -including diversity of background, experience, thought and opportunity
- Colleague Resource Groups help ensure that all of our people feel a sense of connection and community throughout their career.We offer: African Heritage Resource Groups, Asian Colleague Resource Groups, Hispanic/Latino ResourceGroups, LGBTQ+ Resource Groups, Rising Professionals Resource Groups, Veteran Groups, Women's Resource Groups, etc.
- In addition, Mercer has other benefits and discounts on products and services, and more
We will count on you to:
- Manage complex client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, renewal, business placement, benchmarking and other studies
- Develop sophisticated benefits design and renewal strategies and drives the development of tools and solutions to address complex client issues
- Develop the full scope of services provided to the client and sets roles/responsibilities within the client team
- Effectively communicate Mercer's position on latest industry trends to clients
- Be accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts and projects
- Monitor success of projects in terms of scope, budget, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Generate sales by expanding revenues from existing clients and by managing prospecting efforts with new clients
- Set strategic direction and creates demand for new products/services in the marketplace
- Manage and participate in new business opportunities with sales channel partners
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree
- At least 5-7 years' experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefit plans
- Renowned expertise and industry reputation in the health & benefits field
What makes you stand out:
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Well versed mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.