Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position. We are looking for an individual to join our Mercer Government Medicaid Policy and State Operations team who is a policy specialist in Medicaid home and community based services (HCBS) programs. We are seeking individuals with expertise in how federal Medicaid rules and waivers can be applied to advance state Medicaid program goals.
Candidates can be remote or based in the Atlanta, Minneapolis, Phoenix or Washington D.C. office:
Senior Government Consultant - Medicaid Policy and State Operations
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- The Senior Government Consultant will participate in and help lead projects with Mercer Government's clients
- Our clients are primarily State Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) agencies and related agencies responsible for Medicaid and CHIP fee-for-service and managed care programs
- Responsibilities of this role include providing Medicaid and CHIP policy options and operational expertise, project management, team management, client management and business development
We will count on you to:
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams across multiple Medicaid and CHIP programs
- Help support vulnerable populations through the development of meaningful programs
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunityand strong peer support
What you need to have:
- Be viewed by state clients as an expert in Medicaid HCBS, including waiver and state plan authorities
- Participate as a team member and help lead projects to help states develop, implement and improve their Medicaid and CHIP program.
- Develop innovative strategies to resolve complex issues where policy guidance is still unclear and policy solutions require expert analysis
- Consider the implication of policy, legal, political or other changes on the operation of a state's Medicaid program
- Communicate results and facilitate discussions with clients and other stakeholders as needed to help clients develop their desired policy options
- Develop articles, thought pieces, analyses and policy summaries on legislation, regulations and Medicaid authorities
- Plan, direct, and coordinate projects and resources to support Medicaid policy research, program development, and implementation of Medicaid initiatives
- Participate in firm business development and marketing activities including proposal and pitch writing, product development, relationship building and other activities as requested
What makes you stand out?
- BA/BS degree required; Master's degree in health policy, public policy, public health or related field preferred
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience required, 10+ years' experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in application of Medicaid laws, regulations, state plan and waiver authorities in the design and development of HCBS programs, including managed long term services and supports programs.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing complex projects and navigating challenging policy topics
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work within a team
- Ideal candidates are strong writers, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple project deadlines, and can work collaboratively in a team environment.
- State Medicaid agency, CMS experience, or similar consulting experience
- Experience working with Medicaid actuaries
- Experience with HCBS fee development and capitation rate setting
The National US average range for this role is$ 167,200.00 - 250,800.00 .The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision will be dependent on a case by case basis.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visitwww.mercer-government.mercer.com
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.