HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That's why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Senior Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist position will work closely with various internal stakeholders and external agencies such as state DEP, EPA, state OSHA, DHS, and local agencies.
- Internally this position will partner closely with Henkel Operations, Quality, Maintenance, Engineering and various partners.
- Support implementation of cross functional safety initiatives for business partners, ensuring compliance with local, state & federal safety laws and regulations
- Maintain and report on plant safety metrics
- Perform safety audits, hazards assessments & program evaluation to ensure continuous safety improvement.
- Collaborate with Training Department on training programs to ensure associates are receiving prescribed training for all positions within the plant
- Provide thought leadership in the performance of incident investigation and actively support root cause analysis for accident and ensure corrective actions are established and completed.
- Bachelor's degree in Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Hygiene, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering with 1-2 or more years of Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental experience in a high-volume, fast-paced manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Professional certification preferred (CSP, CHMM, CIH, QEP, REM, PE) preferred
- Experience with developing and managing an OSHA PSM program preferred
- Preferred comprehensive knowledge of the OSHA 1910.147, Control of Hazardous Energy and associated ANSI standards: B11.19, Z244.1, B155.1 & VFPA 79
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talentf or specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.