At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
A Senior Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and operational success of a DevOps team within Optiv Managed Security Services. This includes implementing, coding, and ensuring the operation of the processes and technologies required to deliver an efficient and effective environment and tools used to deliver Optiv services. Specific responsibilities include:
How you'll make an impact:
Qualifications for success:
- Consult with internal teams to proactively incorporate their requirements into the environment and tools
- Consult with internal teams to ensure they understand how the environment and tools operate
- Consult with internal teams to mitigate environmental and tools risk and outages
- Partner with teams and practice managers to ensure they clearly understand the environment and tools definitions and support them as needed in their activities
- Partner with other teams both within the IT organization and in other managed services to build and maintain synergy across functions
- Relay management and team expectations to team members
- Work through staff to deliver a high quality and predictable environment and toolset while applying the appropriate leadership style (coaching, supporting, training) for the situation
- Coach and mentor team members down on platform, technologies, methods, and tools used to deliver the supported platforms
- Track, measure, and report platform status to contribute to effective service delivery
- Tailor communication frequency, context, and format for the intended target audience
- Ensure operational processes and procedures are well documented, clearly understood by stakeholders, and under change control
- Track, measure, and report process and procedure metrics
- Design, implement and oversee the execution of quality controls that ensure rigid adherence to processes and procedures
- Drive continuous processes and procedure improvements based on DevOps best practices, process metrics, quality control metrics, resource management metrics, and input from other Optiv internal teams, team members, peers, and management.
- Partner with peers across functions to ensure processes and procedures include the appropriate integration points
- Actively participate in a work intake process that provides for effective capacity/demand management
- Ensure technology maintains adequate pace with vendor releases
- Minimize technology debt by consolidating technology investments into only the essential solutions and leveraging shared technology across managed services where feasible
- Build and maintain senior engineer level knowledge of technologies required for service delivery
- 5 years of professional DevOps experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of certifications and/or commensurate experience (preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build and maintain current knowledge of DevOps processes, best practices, and tools
- Ability to incorporate cost/benefit analysis into decisions and communications
- Ability to partner with others to reach consensus
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work over forty hours as needed and ability to respond to and manage service incidents during non-business hours
- Ability to travel at least 10%
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cybersecurity solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.With Optiv you can expect:
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge as well as 8 paid holidays annually
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Premium contributions by Optiv to Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• Contributions by Optiv to Health Saving Accounts (HSA)
• Optiv-paid Basic Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement, certification support and student loan refinancing
• Optiv matching contribution to 401(k) with immediate vesting
• Health Advocate/ Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - One-on-one help navigating healthcare and insurance systems; confidential Licensed Counseling sessions
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.