Our Senior Compliance Counsel, Privacy Officer-Compliance Counsel responsibilities include:
Educational Qualifications/ Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- Leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive privacy program in accordance with applicable laws to enable consistent, effective data privacy practices, to minimize privacy risk and to ensure the confidentiality of personal data
- Providing strategic direction to the senior leaders regarding existing and emerging local and global privacy and data protection laws including developing innovative approaches and creative solutions to compliantly enable the business
- Develop and provide oversight of policies and procedures re: the privacy of, access to and use of personal information, including Protected Health Information ("PHI").
- Support efforts on information governance, risk management, data security, and compliance, as assigned
- Promote compliance with state, federal and international privacy laws.
- Ensure appropriate policy and operational implementation of the requirements under applicable state and international privacy laws.
- Provide guidance on privacy and information security implications of proposed business changes, as requested by business leader, including but not limited to matters related to Digital Health.
- Partner with Compliance Training team to provide privacy training to various stakeholder groups.
- Partnering with the Compliance team to regularly assess the effectiveness of the privacy program, overseeing periodic privacy risk assessments and implementation of corrective action plans
- Assisting in auditing processes to monitor privacy related activities-
- Remain current on privacy developments and best practices.
- Align with Global Privacy Office initiatives
- Making presentations to and working with senior executives to establish governance for the privacy program.
- Working with senior executives, legal counsel, and other related parties to represent the Otsuka's information privacy interests with external parties (e.g., state or local government bodies).
- JD degree required and a minimum of 7+ years of broad experience in pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry and/or other highly regulated industry.
- Minimum 10+ years in the privacy field required.
- Deep understanding of U.S. federal and state privacy and data protection laws, including HIPAA, HITECH, and CAN SPAM.
- Significant experience with privacy and security laws outside of the U.S., including PIPEDA (Canada), the GDPR, and the APEC privacy framework.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) preferred.
- Experience with Digital Health Initiatives preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.