CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
The Sr. Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections including issue resolution. They are responsible for reviewing each account to determine the best way to approach the client, and then executing their plan to reduce DSO and maximize cash collections. The ideal candidate for this position can handle these responsibilities in a manner that preserves the relationship and improves customer relations. They must have the ability to work as part of a dynamic team and are able to adjust quickly to changing assignments or priorities.
This position will be responsible to:
- Conduct collection campaigns on each assigned client that consist of professionally handled phone calls and email correspondence to secure timely payment of obligations.
- Address short paid amounts and provide any necessary backup & documentation as required.
- Work with Sales Teams and RCM to bring resolution to customer dispute(s) based on the applicable service contract and tariff filing at the time of possession. Provide feedback to the business to prevent future issues.
- Liaise with internal departments including documentation, release, customer service, Sales team, destination agents, cash applications, accounts payable, EBusiness and LARA partner teams to insure high quality customer service for customers.
- Prepare and analyze required reports for Senior Management.
- Assist customers with remittance advice regarding payment posting, overpayments, duplicate payments, small balances & offsets in order to maintain current status of customer accounts
- Miscellaneous related duties or Projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 3 years corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Knowledge of collecitons processes and procedures.
- Exceptional skills in MS Excel: including pivot tables and v-lookups
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong organizational, time management, priority setting & high level of analytical & problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to coordinate information from various sources.
- Familiarity with functions of different internal departments such as Finance, Imports, Exports, Rates & Detention & Demurrage
- Possess a mindset with strong customer service skills that clearly recognizes the importance & sensitivity of our customers.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in computer skills to include Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint),
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Ability to gain clear understanding of other departments process
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of the ocean container shipping industry a plus but not required.
- Internal candidates should be familiar with functions of different internal departments such as Finance, Exports, Rates & Detention & Demurrage a plus.
Come along on CMA CGM's adventure !
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.