Guy Carpenter's global Life and Annuity Reinsurance team helps our clients deliver on growth and changing risk strategies. Working with GC Securities and GC Strategic Advisory colleagues, we provide clients solutions for divesting and monetizing underperforming and non-core businesses, increasing capital efficiency and supporting new growth opportunities.
The Life and Annuity Reinsurance team is seeking candidates for the following position to be located in the New York or Chicago office.
What to expect:
What's in it for you?
- You are a qualified actuary (ASA or new FSA) experienced in Life and Annuity (re)insurance and will join a growing team to drive origination, deal management and transaction execution for Global Risk Solutions.
- In addition to advising and pricing Life & Annuity products and reinsurance solutions, you will also support with financial modelling reviews, client presentation development and enhancement, managing the NDA process and negotiating/developing service level agreements as well as leading origination efforts and revenue expansion across the Americas.
- As part of the wider sales unit, you will lead the team advising clients on technical risk quantification, risk management and pricing topics.
- You will work collaboratively both within the Global Risk Solutions and with various functions and subject matter experts within Guy Carpenter/Marsh/ Mercer/Oliver Wyman across the United States, Canada, Latin America and indeed, globally. You will interact regularly with clients
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match.
- Employee Resource Groups that provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Social Impact volunteering opportunities available for all colleagues through a network of colleague and business partnerships.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution.
- After six months, eligible for up to $10k tuition reimbursement per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Actuarial Student Program to support and reward your progression toward ASA and FSA.
What you need to have:
- Have significant and valuable life re/insurance expertise including practical knowledge of US GAAP and Statutory accounting (concentrating on recent PBR changes), as well as economic, rating agency and regulatory capital.
- Actively coordinating new business reinsurance transactions from origination to completion
- Utilize deep knowledge of the Life & Annuity market to originate new client relationships and generate additional fee income streams
- Understand jurisdictional benefits (non-US) from a tax, accounting, capital and regulatory standpoint
- Work to develop and strengthen external relationships with insurers/reinsurers, asset managers, employee benefit consultants and other market intermediaries
- Keep up-to-date on changing risk and reinsurance market conditions and topics such as US GAAP, statutory accounting and IFRS 17 as well as alternative reinsurer jurisdictions
- Participate in the revenue/budget process with management
- Support Head of GRS Life with front line client servicing (supply of market information, negotiating amendments/improvements to cover, facilitating client/reinsurer meetings etc.)
What makes you stand out
- Qualified actuary (ASA or new FSA)
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in Life & Annuity re/insurance and/or on re/insurance transactions
- Knowledge of Americas re/insurance markets, with focus on US
- Strong initiative and work ethic with an eagerness to drive projects to a successful completion
- A willingness to deal with international clients and markets
- The ideal candidate will be eager to provide leadership and share their expertise in structuring, originating and executing bespoke reinsurance solutions with junior staff.
- Additional language (Spanish, Portuguese) proficiency
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's 83,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $20 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit www.guycarp.com and follow Guy Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
#LI-KS1 #reinsurance #actuaries
The applicable base salary range for this role is $130,000 to $270,000.
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
This job has expired.