The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking an Senior Analytics Analyst (Power BI) in Raleigh, NC.
Leverage your expertise and join our expanding team as a Senior Analytics Analyst! As a senior analyst, you will drive analysis by creating operational and financial reporting, executive dashboards, and recommendations with an innate focus on KPIs for the underwriting team. This role will continually review the historical and on-going accuracy and integrity of the data and reports, identifying gaps and issues in core feeding systems and the design of updates. You will report to the analytics manager and partner with the underwriting team to help drive efficiencies, understand business trends, and support business data-driven solutions in a Microsoft development environment.
Your WORK as a Senior Analytics Analyst will make a difference by:
• Perform business process analysis, including meeting with business users, gathering and documenting user requirements, and developing test plans. Work collaboratively with the development team and business partners to define, design, and implement technology solutions to improve business data analysis functions.
• Provide financial, statistical, and operational analysis to support key productivity and cost savings opportunities and deliver action-oriented recommendations.
• Design, develop, test, and implement web-based and SQL Server reporting applications that support the requirements defined by users and analysts. Conduct data quality investigations and analyses, identifying data quality issues, diagnosing root causes, and making recommendations to management.
• Manage projects that revolve around data issues, including organizing and facilitating meetings with the appropriate parties, constructing a resolution plan, and ensuring issues get resolved in a timely fashion.
• Assist the IT team in delivering accurate and timely information to the business in the form of data extracts and/or data marts.
• Learn business operations and using data/reports to help identify areas of opportunity and create solutions to drive efficiencies.
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ years of proficient experience in SQL language, data warehouse, and the manipulation of data, preferably in SQL Server 2008 with business support in the insurance industry.
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in a technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience in data analysis/reporting and/or quality assurance.
• Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts to practical situations such as probability and statistical inference.
• Experience with Power BI, Qlikview, or other BI tools plus exposure to .NET technologies.
• Strong business acumen to support the insurance industry, proven expertise in oral/written communication, the ability to compile and present information with demonstrated analytical problem-solving, business reports, and decision-making capabilities using commercially available tools.
• Effective communicator (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, actionable recommendations.
• Ability to understand customer's goals with strong attention to detail and critical business processes and rules to design solutions.
• Self-motivated and driven to improve the quality of data and related processes.
• Experience working with Data Warehouse teams with a good understanding of Data Warehouse modeling techniques is preferred.
• Ability to work evenings/weekends if necessary to complete tasks or support nightly batch processes.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
Posted 42 minutes ago
Raleigh, North Carolina
Posted 42 minutes ago
Posted 42 minutes ago