We are looking for a talented, self-directed, segment marketing manager to join an amazing, diverse, and results driven team to grow and develop our health systems and hospital market. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in growing Waystar's brand, and helping our provider clients simplify their patient payments and revenue cycle.
You will work alongside our commercial and marketing teams to create and measure high-impact marketing plans and programs and be responsible for driving pipeline and bookings growth in the hospital market. In this role, you will strategically assess the product-market fit of the portfolio, create strategies to capture new clients, grow existing ones, and retain to increase the lifetime value of our clients. As you work closely with your marketing peers, your strategy will help drive content and demand generation activities, as you build thought leadership for Waystar in this important market segment. Through execution of the strategy, you will demonstrate not only internal ROI for our marketing efforts, but ROI for our clients as we guide them on the journey to simplify and unify healthcare payments.
As a candidate, you love working with hospital systems, and have passion for the solutions that help clients deliver better experiences and more focus on care. You keep up on trends, insights, and have an appreciation for knowing the technical details, yet are able to convey value in the language of our clients. You bring passion and expertise and are excited to help our teams and clients win!
What you'll be doing:
Looking for some details?
What we're looking for:Do you fit our team?
- Utilize market segmentation methods and analysis to create effective targeting and positioning strategies
- Portfolio and product-market fit assessment and trade-off analysis
- Ability to ladder product features and attributes to benefits, and elaborate desired brand position
- Development of thought leadership to provide engaging content to help drive top-through-bottom of the funnel client acquisition
- Lives in the numbers! Pipeline coverage, deal velocity, bookings conversion, win rates, customer acquisition cost, LTV, and so on
- Client Success Amplification: Case Studies, Social blasts, other vignettes to build our (and clients') brand
- Growth framework mindset: customer acquisition, cross-sell, retention, pricing
- Strategic program planning - work with performance marketing on optimizing digital strategies, inbound and outbound tactics to progress the funnel and win the deal
- Creates hypotheses and uses data to guide thinking and opinions
- Ability to handle high-pressure scenarios and conversations with emotional quotient
- Understanding of SaaS platform marketing and/or product development
- Can create actionable plans from strategic assessments
- Outstanding presentation and communication abilities at senior levels of the business
- Relationship-focused leadership
- Able to adjust and pivot quickly to rapidly changing environments and activities
- Must be able and willing to travel on a periodic basis
- 5+ years' experience working with commercial (marketing and sales) teams
- An advanced degree is preferred
- SaaS product or marketing experience
- Experience working with Health System and Hospital Clients
- Revenue Cycle or Healthcare payments
- Awareness and experience with Agile techniques and/or SaaS product launch processes
Waystar provides cloud-based technology that simplifies and unifies healthcare payments. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
Waystar products have won Best in KLAS® or Category Leader every year since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.