Description: *This position is not open to C2C or Independent Contractors*
Our client is currently seeking a Security Visualization Engineer to join their team remotely. As a member of the Wireless Security Engineering team, you will work in a fast-paced environment focused on development of visualization of security risks of the 5g critical systems.
Required Skills: Hypervisor, Splunk, log monitoring, coding experience (Java preferred)
• Design process for consumption and visualization of security logs from vendor systems into a central Splunk • Work with Security Engineers in developing use cases for visualization • Develop data models to support the visualization • Distill security feeds from the Core and RAN systems and generate visualization based on identified data models • Validate log sources and indexed data, search through indexed data to optimize search criteria.
• Add Customer Context, eliminate noise and false positives, and develop trends • Create custom alert schema, reports, and custom dashboards.
• Design process for transfer of critical security logs to Security Operations Center, and ensure connectivity for log transfer
• Familiarity with server-side scripting • Drive complex deployments of Splunk dashboards and reports while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases • Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards.
• Experience in design, implementation, and support of Splunk (Indexers, Forwarders, Search-Heads Setup etc.) • Experience with implementing and administering Splunk.
• Good understanding with virtualization technologies (Hypervisor, VMware, etc.) • Apps/Dashboards for license usage and Application errors.
• Experience with Linux and Windows agents for Splunk administration with a solid understanding of the Splunk system.
• Ability to create operations documentation for maintaining the Splunk infrastructure.
• Setting up Splunk Forwarding for new application tiers introduced into the environment.
• Identifying bad searches/dashboards and partnering with the creators to improve performance.
• Troubleshooting Splunk performance issues / Opening support cases with Splunk.
• Monitor the Splunk infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization.
• Troubleshoot log feeds, field extractions, search time, etc.
• Provide Granular, Role-based Security.
• Restrict access to sensitive logs/data • Experience in onboarding new data, inputting new information, Creating new dashboards, Extraction info through Splunk • Report generation ad customization
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Five to seven years of relevant experience
• Splunk Admin Certification
• Experience with databases
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!