Security Officer I
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Protects life and property of all persons on the Bethel Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) premises and patrols buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft and vandalism. Secures, unlocks and protects YKHC buildings. Responds to security needs of YKHC personnel. Manages the YKHC wheelchairs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years job experience in a position that requires dealing with the public. Previous security experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Current, valid Alaska driver's license.
- Current CPR certification (or obtain within ninety (90) days of employment).
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training certificate (or obtain within ninety (90) days of employment).
- Basic computer skills to use email system and report writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Yupik/English preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for up to 12 hours and available for recall during 24 hour operations.
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:14122Location:BethelDepartment:SafetyEmployment Duration:TemporaryTemporary Status:On CallHours per Week:20
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.