The Scrum Master role is a position within the Investor Relations domain of the Global Technology & Solutions Department responsible for owning the Agile Development process, coaching team members to fulfill their roles and responsibilities, and driving continuous improvement within the team.
This position will help with the writing of user stories, release and iteration planning, test driven development, continuous integration, Scrum stand-up meetings, velocity and capacity planning, and retrospectives. The Scrum Master will work closely with team members from the Global Technology & Solutions department, as well as with other team members, and stakeholders across project and run the engine (RTE) work.
Responsibilities for this role include:
Key Duties/Responsibilities Solution Delivery:
- Making sure Scrum or Kanban is followed by the team.
- Coaching individuals on roles and responsibilities to ensure understanding and eliminate confusion
- Facilitating all ceremonies so that team members can collaborate. This includes all refinement activities through release planning.
- Collecting team efficiency metrics (velocity, burndowns, etc.), deriving action items from that data, and working with the team to put those in place
- Organizing retrospectives and ensuring that the action items from these sessions are assigned and tracked to completion
- Driving continuous improvement and innovation in all areas of the team
- Gauging team morale and recommending ways to improve/prevent burnout
- Creating, maintaining, and revisiting team agreements with the team. Definition of Done and Definition of Ready should be constantly evolving as the team evolves.
- Developing team agreements (Definition of Ready, Definition of Done, etc.)
- Creating velocity charts, burndown charts, refinement pipeline
- Determining retrospective next steps (Improvement, Owner, Acceptance Criteria, Timeline)
- Developing refinement process map
- Developing team Baseline Journey Progress Tracking
- Working with Agile coach to apply Team Morale metrics
Support, Training, and Change Management:
- Develops client relationships to strengthen business partnerships and drive change.
- Manages and executes the end-to-end product development lifecycle: Requirements analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Maintenance.
- Applies organizational standards and agile best practices in support of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Enforces quality gates to ensure work products being delivered align to client expectations.
- Mentors junior staff and agile team members to facilitate solution delivery.
- Facilitates communication between clients and development teams in support of goals & objectives.
- Ensures the work of business analysts, data analysts, developers, and quality assurance analysts meets the quality standards agreed to by the agile team.
- Supports governance efforts in the areas of process, data, vendor and policy management through meeting management and planning activities.
Qualifications Education & Certificates
- Works with the support team manager to escalate support issues to Tier III and IV teams as needed.
- Works with business analysts and product owners to manage and track remediation of all defects and additional enhancement requests, prioritizing those for immediate action and adding the remainder to the backlog.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Major in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems/Technology, preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), preferred
Competencies & Attributes
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience, required
- 3+ years of experience using Agile methods, strongly preferred
- Deep experience with Scrum and Kanban frameworks required
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships
- Experience leading agile ceremonies, including daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives required
- Experience managing meetings, directing working groups, maintaining delivery roadmaps, tracking, and reporting on project delivery, and providing status updates
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and oral) and ability to work across multiple teams
- Strong organization skills: detail-oriented, efficient, and diligent
- Ability to understand and articulate business needs (from various sources) and verbally communicate to those with and without a technology background
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment and balance multiple tasks
- High integrity and must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
- Dedicated to exemplary customer service
- Financial services industry experience, preferred
- Certified Scrum Master; advanced experienced leading Agile/Scrum delivery teams.
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) knowledge.
- Proficient Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with Agile software project management tools, such as JIRA, preferred
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $325 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 498 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2022. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with nearly 1,900 professionals operating in 26 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business. As our Chief Executive Officer, Kewsong Lee, stated, "We seek to attract individuals from a broad set of backgrounds and experiences because we know that diverse teams ask better questions and inclusive teams find better answers. Our diverse and inclusive community makes us better partners and ultimately, helps us to build better."
This job has expired.