Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Molecular Biology: DNA molecular cloning, DNA/cDNA/RNA preparations, DNA mutagenesis/library generation, RT-PCR/PCR, CRISPR
- Mammalian cell cultures: DNA transfections, adenoviral transduction, clonal selections, and sterile technique
- Bacterial and yeast cultures: DNA transformations, selections, yeast surface display, and sterile technique
- Flow cytometry: analysis of protein expression via flow analysis, single-cell sorting
- Maintain accurate records, follow standard procedures, and perform data analysis
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience with assays to quantify protein-protein interactions
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, DNA transfections, and clonal selections
- Knowledge of data analysis software (Excel and Prism)
- Expertise in sterile technique
- An understanding of antibody expression, purification, and characterization
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in the theory and practical application of experiments and data interpretation
- Independent thinking with the ability to innovate from the bench and efficiently collaborate with other team members within one's own reporting line as well as the project team
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, trusting work and customer Self-starter, able to prioritize work and work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry/molecular biology, bioengineering, or related degree concentration, orequivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Ability to work with beta-lactams including cephalosporins and penicillins
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
The person filling this position will work in a laboratory setting. There may be exposure to animal pathogens and chemicals. There may be handling of, and/or exposure to animal tissue and zoonotic organisms.Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MIare encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays