At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing! We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe!
AstraZeneca seeks an innovative and highly motivated scientist with a background in immunology or a related field to join the Early Discovery Oncology Bioscience team in Gaithersburg, MD. As a Scientist you will be a key member of a team focused on supporting Immuno-Oncology projects through the drug discovery process. You will bring your expertise in Immunology/Oncology to establish assay systems and deliver datasets that will have direct impact on pipeline programs.
Working in this laboratory-based position within the Immuno-Oncology Research group you will develop, design, conduct and analyze in vitro and ex vivo experiments to assess the function of our candidate drugs and help to dissect the mechanism of action of novel therapeutics targeting the immune system for cancer therapy. You will be expected to support cross-functional teams and work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the timely generation and dissemination of critical program data.
A solid foundation in immunology and/or oncology, and experience in techniques for the analysis of immune cell function is essential for this role. As a highly organized, self-motivated individual with a strong lab/practical background you will stay up to date with relevant techniques and have a genuine passion for this field of research. The position requires strong interest in bench work and ability to work in a fast-paced matrix structured work environment.
* B.S. in Biology, Immunology or other related scientific discipline with 3-6 yrs. relevant scientific experience; M.S. 0-5 yrs. MS desired but not required
* Strong background in immunology and experience with diverse immunologic assays (preferably human T cell and myeloid based)
* Hands-on skills in basic biochemical and immunological methods including cell culture, multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA/multiplex assays, ELISPOT, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and cell killing assays
* Ability to independently design and execute research plans for one or more programs, and to review, analyze, and interpret experimental results
* Multi-tasker who maintains an excellent laboratory notebook
* The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills, innovation, creativity and the ability to interact in a collaborative environment
* Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred but not essential
* Experience working with patient-derived tumors and/or tumor infiltrating lymphocytes is an advantage
* Knowledge of and previous work in hematologic malignancies
* Experience with animal models is a plus but not required
Posted 20 minutes ago
Posted 22 minutes ago
Posted 23 minutes ago