At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing! We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe!
We are seeking a highly-motivated and independent Scientist with demonstrated experience in Cellular Therapy, Immunology, and/ or Immuno-Oncology to join our rapidly growing Cell Therapy Team. In this role you will make use of your experience in T cell immunology to contribute to the advancement of innovative Cell Therapy products by designing and conducting laboratory experiments, developing methodology, and generating and interpreting scientific data in a highly collaborative environment.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience for the Scientist RoleEssential Requirements
- Conducts routine drug discovery research experiments independently by applying the techniques of molecular and cellular biology, communicates the results to team members, and is involved in the interpretation of data
- Supports a team and works collaboratively with project managers to ensure the efficient relay of information and forward translation of data
- Maintains a proven understanding of approaches to drug discovery and applies a broader functional knowledge of the procedures used by diverse project groups to support the department where needed
- Assesses and reports data, with little or no guidance, in a clear and concise manner, with a solid understanding of its implications within the overall context of drug discovery
- Provides technical instruction to the team and allocates administrative work where possible
- Shares relevant external published papers with peers
- Communicates and shares information between distinct projects within the bioscience function and across other functions
- Ensures own work, and work of peers, is aligned with Good Laboratory Practice, Safety, Health and Environment standards and all other relevant internal AstraZeneca standards and external regulations
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with proven experience in Cellular Therapy, Immunology, and/ or Immuno-Oncology
- Background in drug discovery and development in the pharmaceutical industry
- Well-developed understanding of molecular and cellular biology, immunological assays, and cell transfection/ transduction
- Basic experience developing cellular therapies including CAR-T/ CAR-NK, TCR-T, and/ or TIL therapies
- Advanced cell culture techniques
- Multicolour flow cytometry
- Transfection/ transduction and expansion of primary cells
- In vivo skillset including animal handling, mouse tumor models, standard routes of dosing and engraftment
- Experience with large scale in vitro screening
This job has expired.