Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated.
The selected candidate will be offered a pay rate based on prior industrial experience, but not less than $17.43/hour to start.
This position is responsible for making large molds and cores using green or no-bake foundry sand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow production schedule for proper orders to be molded
- Follow blueprints, process sheets and production orders for process instructions on multiple molding centers
- Operate Mixer Machine for Sand Filling Operation
- Use Crane to position mold and flasks in proper positions
- Setup machines with proper rings and job components
- Sand, clean, stamp and paint molds
- Operate material handling equipment, like a forklift, as required
- Fill out daily production and downtime charts
- Maintain machine in good order using TPM and 5S practices
- Mark molds with required process information
- Adhere to all safety and health standards, including those to meet silica requirements
- Make cores for production orders as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic math skills and basic measurement skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to read and follow process instructions and blueprints
- Use basic hand tools and lifting devices like a hoist or crane
- Ability to work in team environment
- Operation of a large material handling equipment
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience or training with blueprint reading, shop math, etc.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
Work environment includes regular exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels, dust particles (including dirt and sand), and constant exposure to variable temperatures - specifically, high heat. Work performed in a foundry setting. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during shift.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 50lbs, standing for long periods of time, good hand and finger dexterity, and ability to bend, twist, reach and walk.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.