Company DescriptionEurofins Food Chemistry Testing: What we do...
Analytical testing of foods, supplements, ingredients, and packaging. Includes work on: accurate nutrition labels, creating safe products and supply chains, and assisting with compliance with FDA and international regulatory agencies.Position Summary:
Position is Full-Time, Monday - Friday working 1st shift hours, with some overtime and weekend work required based on business needs
Supervises the staff responsible for Eurofins (EFII) Sample Preparation Function. Works closely with supervisors in sample registration and chemical laboratories. Responsible for the scheduling and resource allocation to ensure the optimal distribution between services demand and staff assignments to excel in providing signature client services.Job Description
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Responsible for the effective operation of the EFII Sample Preparation teams in coordination with other supervisor and laboratory manager. Plans, schedules, and organizes necessary personnel and resources to ensure appropriate effectiveness of sample preparation methods and processes. Implements department policies to maintain facilities and equipment.
- Ensures daily projects are completed according to the appropriate on-time targets. Schedules staff for a seven day week (reduced staffing on weekends). Monitors the accuracy of all project work against company and client requirements. Ensures that all entries into software database (NIMS) are accurately completed and documented according to appropriate client requirements, client specifications, and other regulatory guidelines. Creates Quality Events and implements improvements from root cause analysis.
- • Assures that staff are trained and proficient in all phases of Sample Preparation methodology, sample movement and sample handling/storage. Prepares training plans as required. Perform general human resource responsibilities including recruitment, performance evaluation and progressive disciplinary processes as necessary.
- Has thorough working knowledge of software database tools such as NIMS. Provides metrics analysis of daily functions using NIMS data. Identifies and implements process improvements to continually maximize the efficiency of the personnel.
- Provides for safety and welfare of staff and supports/enforces Environmental Health and Safety Policies.
- Develop working relationship with internal clients/suppliers - particularly laboratory personnel and operations. Has the capability to work cross-functionally to address more complicated problems.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
• 3-4 years of related experience.
• Highly skilled in both written and verbal communication skills with a strong focus on the client.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results on both short term and long term goals.
• Actively demonstrates the following behavioral competencies:
• Build Talented Teams
• Gets it Done
• Leads by Example
• Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA). Chemistry or other science preferred, experience may be substituted for education.
• Ability to accurately interpret and communicate scientific and organization information with internal and external clients.
• Ability to effectively interact with clients and regulatory personnel.
• Requires strong customer service skills.
• Ability to perform intermediate/advanced computer skills (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Minitab). Working knowledge of NIMS system, preferred.
• Travel Requirements: Yes < 10%
• Ability to lift 30 lbs
• Able to walk, stand, or carry approximately 50% of the time
• Able to sit at a computer for long periods of time
• Ability to work both independently and with project teams.
• Good attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of laboratory operations and equipment is beneficial.
• Overtime and weekend work as required.
• Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
• Will be exposed to potential food allergens.Additional Information
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work!
Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success, allowing them to advance quickly. Become your most extraordinary self with support and development throughout your career.
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Videos To Watch