We have a Salesforce Systems Administrator position open on our Sales Support team. We will be hiring for this position at either the Salesforce Systems Administrator or Senior Salesforce Systems Administrator, as determined by the qualifications of the finalist. This position has flexibility to be remote or based at the ACT Headquarters in Iowa City.
The Salesforce Systems Administrator is responsible for analyzing business problems, interacting directly with internal customers, capturing and documenting business requirements, maintaining use cases/business process flows, developing and executing system test cases, and providing application training to internal customers as necessary. This position works with stakeholders across the organization.
What you will be working on:
- Work directly with business stakeholders to understand business needs and translate priorities into a consumable Agile backlog
- Work cross-functionally with various teams and tools to facilitate feature deployment
- Manage and track features, epics, and user stories (including acceptance criteria) in organizational tools (such as Jira)
- Prepare users by conducting training, providing information, and resolving problems
- Responsible for contributing to the Salesforce roadmap and management of development, implementation, and communication to business stakeholders, scrum teams, and other interested stakeholders
- Lead, support, size, and inform continual improvement efforts to regularly, systematically, and incrementally enhance the business value delivered by the Salesforce platform
- Keep current with system advances, technologies, and best practices
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflows, process builder, and approval processes
- Design, document, build, test and deploy enhancements to Salesforce
- Create custom report types, custom reports, and dashboards
- Salesforce Systems Administrator: Contributes through solid experience, collaboration and problem resolution. Technically proficient in assigned area of expertise. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Requires three years of experience in Information Technology or Salesforce related experience.
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Senior Salesforce Systems Administrator: Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project through advanced knowledge, skill, and expertise. Requires five years of experience in Information Technology or Salesforce related experience . Experience leading Salesforce related projects.
It's a plus if you have:
- Thorough understanding of business process, logic, and data to solve complex problems
- Experience creating, updating, and debugging Salesforce flow, process builder, and approval processes
- Experience in a system administrator role delivering solutions to real customer problems, preferably with an emphasis on sales, customer service, and/or marketing issues
- Experience with deployment and testing tools (Provar and Flosum in particular is a plus)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables and to identify and implement process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, especially with Sales, Support, and Marketing teams
- Ability to lead Salesforce related projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to take intiative and be self-directed
- Ability to research and resolve complex problems working individually and within teams
- Ability to be successful in a fast paced environment, prioritizing and managing multiple complex projects
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area ; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
Your Work Makes a Difference
- Experience evaluating new salesforce apps and developing plans for their implementation
- Apex experience
- Familiarity with DevOps
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a team that is enthusiastic about process improvement and using Salesforce to support our customers and sales teams.
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry-helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!