Job Summary (External):
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
The Territory Manager will provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Most importantly, this position provides above and beyond communication with our patients/customers so that they feel heard, understood, valued and more connected with Apria. Key responsibilities for creating a positive, customer/patient-centric environment include:
Build customer loyalty and retention.
- Support our Field teams, Operations and Sales, by delivering timely feedback that empowers our teams to deliver exceptional patient experiences.
- Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends and partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement preventative measures.
- Proactively create a better customer/patient experience.
- Be a champion of the employee experience and drive our unique company culture.
- Support the development and implementation of employee programs that nurture our company's core values to engage employees and create a positive culture.
This position is responsible for selling all Apria products and services in the assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager works closely with branch staff to focus efforts on increasing sales. This position collects documents required for billing based on Apria policy. This position is also responsible for meeting both revenue and profitability goals for their assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager works with the General Manager to develop and execute specific strategies to achieve these sales, customer satisfaction and profitability goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts daily sales calls to establish new and maintain ongoing business with referral sources in the medical community.
- Validates and develops territory call plans to qualify new and maintain existing accounts to grow the business.
- Enters call plan and logs calls along with the decisions and outcomes into the "Sales Management System" (SMS).
- Uses Apria reports and data such as target ratings to identify referral targets and helps in validating as well as updating of incorrect/old data.
- Partners with the Market Leader to review sales territory call plan to achieve strategic goals.
- Educates referral sources on the use and application of Apria products and services.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving and following up on customer concerns.
- Partners with branch management and staff as well as other functional areas within the company to drive sales growth.
- Communicates and explains Medicare guidelines around private insurance procedures, pricing information, and product information to referral sources.
- Maintains accurate records on prospective and active accounts ensuring information is sent to reimbursement offices for billing and collection.
- Ensures billing documentation is complete and accurate.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications (External):
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- College degree or previous relevant job experience required
- Previous experience in selling "service" or "commodity products" with demonstrated success.
- External sales experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Customer/Patient-Focused: You start with the customer/patient and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand the customer's/patients' objectives, then tie all your activities directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires minimal supervision.
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly, concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your influence on the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Must possess a valid and current driver's license and auto insurance per Apria policy.
- May be required to drive personal vehicle.
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual's position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
- This position is commission eligible
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet