What you'll do...
Walmart Connect is looking for a Sales Strategy Analyst who can partner with various cross-functional teams to align on cohesive sales strategy that integrates all products and offerings into the Walmart Connect omni channel portfolio to attain annual targets. This includes partnering closely with Product on the product roadmap, identifying opportunities for improvement on existing in-market sales activities, collaborating with Insights & Analytics team to better understand macro sales trends to inform monetization strategies - product mix, operational inefficiencies and consulting with Yield on inventory trends and valuation.
The ideal candidate will have strong understanding of the media industry, agency landscape as well as the ad tech side of the ecosystem. This is a highly analytical, cross-functional, and operationally focused role. This role will report to the Sales Strategy Lead and partner closely with counterparts within the broader WMG organization (Product, Ad Ops, Insights & Analytics and Marketing).
- Manage Joint Business Partnership (JBP) approval process, review JBP terms to ensure feasibility and exceptions are approved, and partner with Sales throughout the negotiation process.
- Track and provide weekly JBP status update to VP of Sales
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and provide recommendation to solve business issue
- Define alphas/betas GTM approach for Sales based on Joint Business Partnership investment levels.
- Identify, scope and drive critical projects and initiatives that help drive revenue in a scalable manner.
- Support management in strategic, operational planning and ensure decisions align overall WMG sales approach and goals.
- Support development of annual seasonal strategy w/ WMG Integrated Planning and Yield.
- Support development of any new integrated marketing and content offerings that are aligned with our overall GTM strategy and existing JBP strategy.
- Determine the appropriate GTM strategy and operational integration of new products, content experiences or marketing initiatives.
- Partner with WMG Integrated Planning and WMG brand activation team to develop necessary narratives around key sales initiatives such as our seasonal and annual joint business planning (JBP) strategy.
About Walmart Connect
- BA/BS or equivalent 4-year degree required
- 4+ years work experience in media industry in sales strategy, sales solutions, sales enablement, planning, ad operations, sales operations, or strategy.
- Strong knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques and technologies
- Experience with data driven marketing (e.g. with a data management platform) is a plus
- Experience developing or overseeing quantitative analysis and delivering actionable insights
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills, that enable you to use data to develop, validate and measure multi-channel campaigns
- Has strong communication/interpersonal skills and is able to build relationships and influence cross-functionally
- Can operate in complex environments
- High level of accountability; proven ability to take ownership and solve problems
- Experienced in developing long-term media strategies based on data insights
- Ambitious self-starter mentality and entrepreneurial spirit with a strong drive for excellence and delivery of results
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, "Save Money. Live Better," we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable - and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area OR 4 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Statistical Programming Language
Masters: Analytics, Masters: Business
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification Primary Location...
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America