This position is responsible for direct Ready-Mix Concrete sales in an Urban competitive market. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify local business opportunities & challenges while managing a Prospective and Existing Customer base.
- Actively working to Keep, Attain, Recapture, & Expand customer accounts while acting as their point of contact for product & scheduling information.
- Being physically present on Customer jobsites to insure truck efficiencies are maintained as customer service needs are met. Hours of operation can vary greatly.
- Work closely with District management to ensure maximum market penetration at best possible price while energizing the market and customers to choose Martin Marietta as their supplier of choice.
- Provide solutions to customers in making the best selection of ready-mix materials for each construction project requiring standard or specialty designed concrete.
- Coordinate with Dispatch, Technical Services, and Plant Operations to ensure customer satisfaction with their product needs.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Candidate must be a hunter focused on revenue generation.
- Positive attitude.
- Familiarity with CRM software is a plus.
- Passionate about outstanding Customer Service.
- Bilingual skills are preferred, but not required.
- Available on the job-site and at the plant to coordinate customer requirements with other departments.
- Liaison between customer/production/dispatch pertaining to all customer and job site related problems.
- Meets or exceeds annual budgeted Sales Volume & Revenue requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of available/upcoming work in assigned geographic market.
- Identifies new markets/customers and fosters relationships with same as well as current customer base. Identifies opportunities for value added selling which will benefit both the customer and Martin Marietta
- Keeps abreast of technical advancements and innovative products within the industry.
- Responsible to assist with the timely collection of customers' aged accounts.
- Participates in annual budgeting and profit planning.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with desired emphasis in either; Business, Sales/Marketing, Communications or Construction Sciences.
- Experience in the Construction Industry may be substituted for education.
- Sound working knowledge of construction materials, including basic knowledge of customer uses of Ready-Mix Concrete products (i.e. pavement, housing and or commercial structures)
- Prefer a strong knowledge of material testing, QC, mix designs and inspection.
- ACI Certification preferred.
- Proven sales, negotiation and customer service skills
- Must be a team player and a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal communication skills - verbal/written to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as needed
- Safety - compliance with the Company's Safe Driver Policy; adhere to safety regulations (state, federal, company) and PPE requirements while on site.