Job ID: 262779
Four Corners Materials, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The Salesperson interacts and establishes rapport with current and prospective customers relating to the quotation, sale, and delivery of product and to promote the interests of Four Corners Materials, a CRH Company. Maintains business relationships with customers, ensuring their needs are met in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Determine order status and customer intentions and relay pertinent information to appropriate departments and personnel.
- Solicit current and prospective customers' orders for the sale and delivery of product.
- Consult with customers to assure order accuracy and appropriate use of product(s) ordered.
- Calculate order quantity to aid Production Department in adjusting delivery schedules and assure accuracy for customer.
- Attend pre-construction or pre-placement meetings to take notes and relay information to appropriate departments and personnel.
- Address customer inquiries or concerns related to Four Corners Materials products and services.
- Diagnose and resolve various types of product problems and yield discrepancies.
- Perform rudimentary takeoffs from plans and specifications at customers' locations or On-line (internet) services.
- Attend industry related functions as directed.
- Initiate and complete all standard forms and documents.
- Accept and perform occasional reassignment of duties within or outside of Sales Department.
- Communicate frequently with Production and other departments as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 - 3 years of experience preferred.
Previous satisfactory performance in at least two of the following: Dispatcher (Central or Plant); Quality Control Technician; Professional Concrete/Delivery Driver; or Sales and Service Representative for related products.
- Must be proficient in Basic level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheet software, and Microsoft Word, word processing software. Ability to effectively communicate using e-mail. Working knowledge of order entry system.
- Ability to perform basic math computations relating to product properties, and pricing. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Report to the workplace dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
Accountability: Is continually focused on accepting responsibility for meeting commitments, achieving optimum results, and ownership for the outcomes from actions and decisions.
Adaptability: Personal willingness and ability to effectively work in, and adapt to changes in circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, people, environments, and conditions.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives messages at an appropriate level and format.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and/or external customers.
Integrity: hrough words and actions, creates an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. Communicating and acting honestly and ethically.
TeamworkAnchor: Works cooperatively and productively in groups and teams to create positive relationships which maximize performance results.
Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
LeadershipAnchor: Motivates and inspires others through their words, actions, and commitment to the organization.
Managing People and ProcessesAnchor: Establishes and clearly communicates process standards and expectations; monitors performance and provides ongoing feedback to build people.
Strategic ThinkingAnchor: Takes a broad scale, long term view, assessing options and implications required to develop and achieve goals of the organization to move it forward.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as delivery tickets, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively answer questions and present information to customers, employees, and the public
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- Salary Range: $50,000 to $70,000
- Bonus - Up to 10% of salary
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Four Corners Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Durango Nearest Secondary Market:
Colorado Job Segment:
Sales Rep, Outside Sales, Sales