Job ID: 251223
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo .
The Safety/Training Champion position is an hourly indirect labor position that will responsible for training, supportive coaching, and coordinates reporting of safety functions and task-based training at the site.
- Co-ordinate or deliver task-based training to employees Coordinate with Area Safety Manager to ensure all Environmental, Health and Safety programs are kept updated and management system established to track implementation
- Oversee and drive the success with the Safety Action Team (Safety Committee) at the facility. Monitor activity and ensure minutes and needed actions are being tracked
- Assist in coordination and participate during morning safety huddle; document employee safety related suggestions and concerns
- Manage site (HSMS) program and report required tasks assuring that they are completed on time
- Plan, coordinate and track all R3 exercises and follow up that action items are completed then document the results
- Plan, coordinate, and track all (5S) Projects documenting results and ensuring sustainability
- Collect and report all Near Miss/Potential Hazard (NM/PH) cards submitted and maintain action item list with regular follow up to ensure items are being addressed. Assist in solutions as needed
- Coordinate and ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and aligned with corporate/site program
- Coach employee(s) on behavioral concern or observations viewed in the field. These can be shared with entire team or individually as observations are made
- Continually monitor housekeeping and 5S sustainability, with supportive coaching to employees
- Administer New Hire onboarding training with classroom training and competency in-field testing
- Oversee Powered Industrial Vehicle inspections process to ensure compliance (routine and compliance frequency)
- Oversee and complete required Environmental monitoring or sampling defined by permits or programs
- Maintain a Training Matrix for the facility
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school diploma / equivalent
- EHS Degree Preferred
- At least 1 year experience in related field
- Leadership skills in terms of prioritizing tasks, train/develop personnel and schedule/assign activities
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizations skills
- Strong computer skills preferred
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Feb 9, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Newnan Job Segment:
Safety, Technician, Maintenance, Chemical Engineer, Service, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering