AZZ Galvanizing - Nashville
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, outlining and administering training and operating programs related to employee safety procedures, accident protection and prevention, fire prevention and property protection.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
High school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred. OSHA, workers' compensation or any other safety related certificate, license or registration is preferred.
At least three months of related experience required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of OSHA regulations. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in safety, human resources, injury reporting and claimmanagement. Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs. Knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Develops and utilities new or established training materials to aid in employee safety education.
- May perform safety audits and conduct safety training meetings.
- May maintain inspection logs and perform inspections and inventory on safety and chemical equipment.
- Familiar with OSHA and all state and federal safety regulations.
- Inspects, monitors, reports and recommends safety corrective or additional safety precautions to adhere to established regulations or to adhere to company operating policies and procedures.
- Maintains, develops and organizes safety related materials such as material safety data sheets, safety manuals, job hazard analyses and corporate standard operating procedure programs.
- May investigate, report, respond and monitor workers' compensation injuries and claimants.
Primarily an air conditioned office. Outside conditions consist of smoke, irritating particular impurities, chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures.
Majority of time will be spent standing and sitting, walking, stooping, reaching and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 25 lbs. Must have good eye hand coordination.
- Safety Training
- Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
- Fire Prevention
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- Human Resources
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Nashville, TNJob Type
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.