Do you have restaurant cook experience? We are looking for a Restaurant Cook to prepare all food items in our resort restaurant.
As a Cook, you'll be responsible for preparing and cooking food, cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining the kitchen and surrounding area.
- Prepare food ordered by restaurant customers using a variety of kitchen equipment (grills, ovens, fryers, meat slicers, food processors, etc.).
- Perform shift opening and closing duties as assigned, such as starting equipment and cleaning refrigeration units, grill and surrounding area, as well as other kitchen equipment.
- Maintain kitchen and cooking areas and ensure kitchen equipment and food storage areas are clean, sanitary, and organized as required by the Health Department Rules and Regulations. Report any kitchen equipment or maintenance issues to manager.
- Restock products as needed throughout shift.
- Collaborate with Restaurant Manager to determine daily specials, new menu items, and innovative ways to cook and prepare food.
- Regularly check menu cycle to ensure all food items are available in advance, notifying manager of any shortages.
- Other duties as assigned.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- High School Education (some HS education required)
- Previous restaurant cook experience
- Must be able to pass the Safe Food Handler Certificate Program within 60 days from date of hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Good communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and internet
At Sun Outdoors, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with an award-winning work environment and awesome perks!
- Now & Later Bonus
- Paid sick leave
- Online access to view and update personal information, review paystubs, annual W2s, and more
- Participation in company-wide SunRewards program
- Team Member Perks & Benefits Program with hundreds of discounts on things like mobile phone service, travel, retail, and more
- Get paid daily with DailyPay
- Access to hundreds of online learning modules via Sun University
- Vacation RV site rent discounts at Sun Outdoors locations nationwide
Job Reference: 118425
ACCESSIBILITY ASSISTANCE If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an online application, please contact us at (844) SUN-4343. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. "Applicant Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email.
Please note that this phone number and email address are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job. Nearest Major Market:
Hampton Roads Job Segment:
Food Service, Chef, Kitchen, Part Time, Hospitality
This job has expired.