VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Residential Mentor
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Pay Rate: $14.00
Sign-on Bonus: $1,000!
***Multiple Positions Available***
1st Shift: 7am - 3pm
2nd Shift: 3pm - 11pm
3rd Shift: 11pm - 7am
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Residential Mentor is responsible for the management of residents, including food, house, and medical with an end result to maintain a supportive, safe, home environment.
- Responsible for resident's care in compliance with standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Supervises residents in observance of house rules, as well as policies and procedures of Volunteers of America Texas treatment programs.
- Ensures the provision of a physically and emotionally safe environment for all residents enrolled in the program, sets appropriate boundaries, and adheres to all programmatic schedules, policies and procedures.
- Assists in planning, implementing and supervision of resident's activities.
- Handles telephone inquiries and takes messages.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate records and reports, in accordance with the program, agency and licensing standards.
- Provides resident intake orientation.
- Assists with resident files in securing necessary information.
- Provides support to residents and, when needed, calls person on call for assistance.
- Supervises self administration of medication with clients as scheduled, following protocols as trained.
- Completes all shift notes and required documentation that relate to client care and communicates to incoming shift staff all relevant activity.
- Demonstrates and coaches the development of skills identified as goals in the treatment plan.
- Transports residents to meetings, appointments and any other transport that has been approved by Management Staff.
- Obtains urine specimens and breath samples to monitor client usage, as appropriate.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Valid Texas Drivers' License, clear MVR and ability to be insured. Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
San Antonio, TX Job Type
Not Specified Date Posted
05/11/2022 Job ID
This job has expired.