WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Residential Counselors facilitate and work with consumers on a variety of activities of daily living (ADLs) needed for consumers to become more self-sufficient and move toward recovery. Additionally, you will facilitate group therapy, manage intakes/discharges, monitor medications, create a safe environment for the consumers, help coordinate treatment, and advocate for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. Responsible for direct service care to consumers as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Learn more about WellPower:
Pay Range & Benefits:
RC I --$25.00/hour(Degree seeking, no Bachelors)
RC II - $27.08/hour (Bachelor degree or higher)
AON - $1/hr
Language Differential - $1 - $2.50/hr for bilingual proficiency in Spanish & ASL
WellPower is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for WellPower's benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://wellpower.org/workplace-of-choice/.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Requirements & Qualifications:Education:
- Provide individual psychotherapy with consumers to provide support and insight.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions within the house.
- Coordinate clinical care with case management services and other services both inside and outside of WellPower.
- Assess consumers throughout the workday and provide appropriate interventions.
- Encourage, support, and train consumers in activities of daily living (ADLs) - teaching consumers about hygiene, help make appointments, show how to do household duties/chores, such as cooking, cleaning, etc.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary system, help facilitate the treatment and continuity of clinical care.
- Complete intake and discharge tasks for consumers being place in the house as new residents or moving out of the house.
- Maintain household safety regarding a variety of household chores and activities, such as cooking, cleaning, and laundry.
- Document all significant consumer interactions toward recovery and continuity of care.
- Complete necessary clinical documentation, such as the daily log, consumer record, and medication records.
- Respond to consumer and building emergencies and facilitate appropriate interventions. In emergency situations, contact other residential staff, your supervisor, or other clinicians when needed.
- Advocate for acceptance and integration of individuals with mental illness within the neighborhood and community in which they live.
- Required to attend scheduled team meetings.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
RC I: Must be actively enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in social work, psychology, human services, or related field.
RC II: Bachelor's Degree in social work, psychology, human services, or related field. Certifications:
QMAP (Qualified Medication Administration Person)
CPR & First Aid
*Physical test requiredExperience:
One year of mental health experience or in related field preferred. Must be 20 yrs. of age to apply. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must meet qualifications under Chapter 7 of the Residential Care Facilities - Mentally Ill requirements. Shift work and/or weekend work is required. Certain programs may require a Class "S" driver's license.Why else might you want to consider working at WellPower?
Tuberculosis (TB) screening, testing - TB screening and testing, is required
- Named Top Workplace - we have been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for ten consecutive years
- Champion Social Justice Causes - we are committed to ending anti-Black racism in our community
- 9 Paid Holidays - including Juneteenth, Martin Luther King Jr. Day and more
- Robust Benefits Package - our benefits start at 30 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement match
- Employee Resource Groups - our ERG's offer a chance to connect, address workplace challenges and get support from individuals who share similar characteristics or life experiences
- Gainsharing - we offer a bonus to employees if the organization meets certain requirements for the year
- $52,000/year minimum wage for all employees - we believe that our employees should earn a livable wage conducive to the cost of living in Denver, Colorado
- Free Licensure Supervision - for LCSWs/LPCs/LMFTs
- Sports Leagues - we offer a variety of activities for our employees, including bowling, dragon boat racing, volleyball leagues, and more
and must be completed prior to hire ( i.e., preplacement), and maintained during employment
This job has expired.