With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, EurofinsViracor is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams and reference labs get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information - never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients you serve.
Summary of Function and Scope:
The Scientist III serves as a technical expert to explore new technologies and identify creative and robust solutions to bring innovative diagnostics tools to the patients.
This position's wok schedule is- Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM.
Essential Job Duties:
What You Will Be Responsible for:
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Design and conduct experiments for the development, improvement, and troubleshooting of diagnostic products
- Analyze data, compile, compose, and present reports on a regular basis
- Assist in all validation and verification efforts as well as maintenance of documents, equipment, and reagents
- Assist in feasibility studies for new projects
- Function as a lead for time-sensitive projects and provide support to immediate team for successful completion of projects
- Prepare SOPs, study plans, reports, and other internal documents
- Participate in interdepartmental activities and research efforts, and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Conduct literature search, proactively monitor relevant diagnostic market, propose ideas for innovation, and write proposals for grants or manuscripts for publication
Additional InformationWhat we offer:
- PhD in Molecular Biology or a related discipline required
- Next Generation Sequencing experience desirable
- Work experience not required
- Pragmatic self-starter who can manage self, motivate others, and operate effectively in a dynamic work environment
- Well-founded formal problem-solving skills. Experience in designing experiments and interpreting complex data, and solve challenging issues to improve product performance with innovative approaches
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Most important of all, the passion to improve patients' quality of life!
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Physical Requirements:
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites
www.eurofinsus.comEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Viracor Eurofins is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace environment and is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), disability, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. The Company's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer all employment-related matters on the basis of an individual's qualifications, abilities and efforts without regard to protected status.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.