This position in the Brigham and Women's Hospital Center for Cellular Profiling - Single Cell Multiomics Core offers the opportunity to join a group of experimental and computational scientists. Under the leadership of Michael Brenner, MD, our group studies the immune system using a combination of high-dimensional analyses, including single-cell RNA-sequencing and spatial transcriptomics, as well as in vitro functional studies and murine models. Under general supervision by Dr. Kevin Wei, M.D., Ph.D, and in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures, the self-motivated individual will lead the Single Cell Genomics Platform. In addition, this individual will perform a variety of routine assays and experiments in the laboratory and help in general to maintain lab organization and manage laboratory staff.
- Perform single-cell technology
- Next-generation sequencing library generation
- Work independently under general supervision, and perform a variety of routine assays and experiments in the laboratory including (but not limited to):
- Prepare NGS library
- Report on progress of work at laboratory seminars.
- Manage and train of new students, technicians, and fellows.
- Maintain established department policies, procedures and objectives, including the areas of quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- MS required
- Five or more years in a biomedical research lab
- Must be able to make independent, effective decisions in appropriate situations.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing and/or single-cell genomics
- Previous experience in a genomics core is a plus
- Ability to effectively supervise others
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills as required to work closely with a research team.
- Demonstrated competence with databases/spreadsheets and software packages.
- Willingness to learn other laboratory techniques.
- Normal laboratory environment.
- Exposure to human and animal tissue and blood products and low levels of radioactivity under controlled conditions.
- Responsible for supervising any technical research assistants that may be hired to work in the Core (generally one). Must be able to orient and train new staff members.
BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
This job has expired.