Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
ÂIn 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR â, 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This is an exciting time to join the Eurofins Genomics LLC process development group. The company is rapidly expanding oligonucleotide manufacturing to support the increasing demand of molecular diagnostics. You will work directly with some of the biggest companies in life sciences to manufacture and develop oligonucleotides (oligos) and support ever evolving needs. Eurofins Genomics LLC has been active in supporting pandemic relief with primers/probe production for SARS-CoV-02 in addition to being a key supplier of oligos for other diagnostic applications. We have also teamed up with our local community to support projects in SARS-CoV-02 community surveillance.
The Process Development Scientist will be an owner in area of expertise (oligonucleotide synthesis, liquid handling, automation, purification, organic chemistry, and quality control). This position reports directly to the Process Development Leader.
General Overall Responsibilities:
- Independently develop and execute experimental plans with minimal supervision
- Manage the area priorities based on aligned company needs
- Develop initial plan for customer projects in area of expertise
- Innovate and introduce automation in order to reduce waste and improve efficiencies
- Work with vendors to develop best practices for equipment in area
- Responsible for IQ, OQ and PQ for synthesis, downstream manufacturing, and analytical equipment
- Automate workflows in area to improve lead times and mitigate manual errors
- Write SOPs and equipment plans. Train lab personnel. Maintain QMS documents as current.
- Work with Environmental Health and Safety, EHS, to ensure area fully conforms to highest safety standards
- Conduct QMS / EHS audits and complete assigned improvement actions
Liquid Handling and Automation Specific
- Serve as subject matter expert for large scale AKTA, BLP, and Internal Synthesis Platforms
- Monitoring and management of current synthesis machines to ensure operation at basic condition and detect deviations from basic condition
- Development of new protocols that include new 3', internal, and 5' modifications within synthesis process
- Development of new synthesis scales, frit development, plate loading automation, and synthesis column fill automation
- Lead qualification of new materials including CPG, Amidites, and Reagents
- Work with operations team for new projects to develop synthesis strategy
- Lead cost reduction projects through reduction of reagents, maximization of yields
- Method development for oligo normalization, quantification using liquid handing equipment such as Hamilton Microlabs, Echo, TECANs etc.
- Ability to develop new methods for deprotection/cleavage processes to suit various oligo modifications
- Develop criteria that ensures liquid handling equipment maintains specification with triggered action on drift from basic condition
- Train lab personnel on developed methods and transfer methods for high throughput and specialized production
- HPLC method development for specific DNA/RNA modifications, scales, lengths, and purity
- Customization of method and mobile phases to maximize yields while maintaining quality
- Develop new downstream workflows for automated larger scale purification process
- Develop and implement other purification processes (PAGE, Cartridge, etc) that expand portfolio for purification
Other Job Qualifications:
- BS degree and 5+ years of experience, MS degree and 3+ years of experience, or PhD
- Strong background in at least one of the following: HPLC (prep and anal.), liquid handling automation, MS-ESI, oligo synthesis, oligo cleavage/deprotection
- Ability to perform under pressure of a fast paced production environment
- PC-based computer literacy, including in Microsoft Windows, Excel Word and internal lab applications (E2, LIMS).
- Proficient in working with Hazardous Chemicals
- Ability to train others in basic laboratory techniques and equipment operation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
- Excellentverbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management.
- Previous experience working in an ISO-9000 or cGMP environment.
- 2-3 years of experience in a leadership role, ability to lift 35+ lbs
- Previous oligonucleotide or peptide processing experience a plus
Position is Full-Time, M-F 8am-5pm.Â Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Louisville, KY are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays