We seek a motivated individual with experience in analytical chemistry to support Technical Development. Candidates should have experience with various analytical techniques such as LC, molecular biology, and biophysical characterization. In this laboratory-based position, the individual will support daily operations and troubleshooting of analytical equipment, including LC's, plate readers and liquid handlers. Experience with lab automation is a plus. The candidate must thrive in a fast paced environment, have a collaborative spirit, and be curious and willing to learn new techniques to push process development forward.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:Minimum Qualifications
- Operate and maintain analytical instrumentation including, but are not limited to: UPLC, LC/MS, LC/CAD, qPCR, DLS
- Prepare samples, execute analytical testing, and perform data analysis with rapid turnaround time
- Perform peer data review and interpret results
- Understand basic method and laboratory equipment troubleshooting
- Collaborate with process development colleagues on sample results
- Execute improvement projects to strengthen overall lab competencies
- Be accountable for good documentation of experiments
- Work closely with other scientists in ATO, as well as cross-functional groups for method optimization and understanding
- BS in Analytical Biochemistry, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field
- 0-2 years of experience in analytical chemistry/process development or technical operations.
- Understanding of good lab practices and techniques
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Desire to learn and be part of fast-paced team with multiple concurrent priorities
- Experience in chromatography techniques including IEX/RP separation, UV/MS/CAD detection
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including ELISA and qPCR
- Experience with integrated laboratory automation including Hamilton, Tecan, and Echo liquid handlers
- Experience with laboratory supporting software including Chromeleon (or similar LC controlling software), QuantStudio, LIMS, ELN, Microsoft Office
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Motivated, detail oriented, and shows a passion for science.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Flexible, adaptable in collaborations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate progress and challenges.
- Driven to complete assignments.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.