Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS)is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
If you are an energetic Registered Nurse who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
NGHS is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for our Cardio Vascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU).
This is a full-time night shift position.
In our 18-bed CVICU, RNs enjoy providing care that supports technology and treatments including minimally invasive valve reconstruction surgery, robotic angioplasty, TAVR, VAD, CRRT, and ECMO. This position calls for a capable clinician who is focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Efficient workflow for RN's is made possible through the use of technology such as bed-side charting and bar-coded medications. At the heart of our successful cardiac service line is our highly engaged nursing leadership that is exceptionally responsive to the needs of both patients and RN's.
NGHS prefers a capable clinician with previous specialty experience, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning clinical bedside leadership role and seeks mentoring in this process. Is a professional member of VOICE professional nursing shared governance providing feedback on issues being addressed at meetings. Participates as a member on VOICE councils and Nursing Quality Teamsas appropriate. Actively participates on Unit Council helping with plans to improve NDNQI nursing sensitive indicators, RN Satisfaction, Employee Engagement, Culture of Safety, and Patient Experience data. Works together with other care team members to recruit and retain an excellent nursing care team. Responsible for providing direct and safe patient care based on the nursing process, and for coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes. Requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and accepts feedback as a constructive professional development tool.
We're looking for someone who:
Job Specific & Unique Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Initiative
- Promotes Teamwork
- Adapts to Change
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities
- Delivery of safe, effective, efficient care that meets population specific guidelines
- Actively works to make own and related team successful, effectively communicates with patients, families and colleagues at all levels, shows consideration and respect or others and fosters customer service
- Effectively prioritizes, recognizes problems, and utilizes evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrates personal mastery, leadership of self and others, as appropriate, delegates appropriately, and supports NGHS shared governance model
- Basic computer skills necessary to operate computer systems used on unit
- Demonstrate basic assessment skills
- Demonstrates the 5 rights of medication administration
- Accurately documents all aspects of the nursing process using the electronic medical record, as applicable
- Understands & complies with all DNV standards
- Accesses and follows policies
- Provides effective education appropriate for the learning needs of patient/family
- Demonstrates appropriate customer service behaviors
- Plans patient care based on assessment
- Displays basic prioritization and time management skills
- Demonstrates the ability to rapidly recognize & anticipate changes in patient status and takes appropriate action while maintaining professional composure
- Participates in the enhancement of the nursing profession and supporting the community
Normal duties may involve contact or potential exposure to blood or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials. Appropriate personal protective equipment is to be used whenever potential existsMinimum Qualifications:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Associate Nursing degree.Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia.Ideal applicants to this position have a minimum of two years recent experience as a RN in a critical care environment
- Occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs
- Frequent kneeling/stooping/bending
- Frequent standing/walking
- Frequent pushing/pulling
- Frequent intensive work, requires reading, writing, reasoning, & talking
Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree
National certification in clinical specialty, as eligible
Membership in a professional organization
*New graduate RNs or those with less than one year of experience will be referred to the RN Residency Program.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega - and become Georgia's most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America's 50 Best Hospitals- Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals- Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs- Beckers Hospital Review
America's Top Quality Providers- Carechex
Atlanta's Top 150 Workplaces- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia's #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women's care and more.