Cradlepoint was born in Boise and built for wireless. We are a team of authentic, hard-working, and innovative people driven by a shared vision toConnect Beyond the limits of wired networks. We help customers - big and small, across industries and around the world - utilize LTE and 5G cellular technology to connect people, places, and things, anywhere.We're at the forefront of the Wireless WAN and 5G - the next big waves in networking - and we remain as hungry and humble as the day we started. If you're hungry to be part of something big, come join us.
How Will You Contribute to the Company?
The Regional Sales Manager, Public Sector for the New York City Metro area is responsible for sales within specific named accounts and a regional geography focusing on new customer acquisition, customer retention, and growth opportunities with the current customer base. The RSM will contact current and prospective customers within the assigned region daily. The RSM will manage opportunities and up-selling current accounts and solicit new business opportunities in the region. The candidate will work closely with the Inside Sales Team, the Sales Engineer, and management to support all regional sales needs and drive market growth.
What Will You Do?
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts within a specified region
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and customers' expectations
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume in assigned accounts
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales quota in designated accounts
- Meet assigned expectations for profitability
- Complete customer account plans that meet company standards
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- Maintain a 12-24-month view of sales leads pipeline with appropriate actions to maximize long-term revenue growth while simultaneously accomplishing mission-critical objectives
- Development and maintenance of the company's image and reputation in the marketplace
- Utilize CRM for all aspects of account management: lead generation and contact, accounts set up (following appropriate procedures as developed by A/R) to complete order cycle
- Develop and maintain an accurate forecast
- Travel to and participate in tradeshows as required to support the business
- Work cross-functionally across departments to ensure customers' needs are met in all areas
- Daily contact with leads and accounts through email and telephone
- Participate in all company-required education
- Maintain adherence to all policies and procedures
- Provide monthly reports on new accounts, prospects, and sales figures and how they relate to goals
- Must currently reside in New York City or in a county in close proximity to NYC
- Five (5+) years of real sales experience
- Existing relationships and contacts within major NYC agencies and demonstrated success selling within NYC and vicinity
- Relevant and strong experience and knowledge in the IT Security and/or Networking market
- Demonstrated success in sales in the public sector arena
- Experience in a complex sales environment, managing demanding customer accounts
- Confident self-starter with integrity and accountability; an exemplary track record of consistent achievement
- Expertise in implementing and successfully driving an indirect channel sales model in addition to direct sales
- Highly competitive and entrepreneurial individual with a desire to win and tackle challenging opportunities
- A passion for winning and a strong aptitude for business strategy, and excellent collaboration skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and managerial/leadership skills
- Decisive problem-solving ability and capability to assess people and situations with accuracy
- Ability to deliver a clear and compelling value proposition to customers/partners
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors
Note: Did you know that women and other marginalized groups often hold back on applying to jobs if they don't meet 100% of all listed requirements? We don't want you to hold back! If you don't check every single box above but still feel like you could successfully do the work, we encourage you to apply! We'd love to connect and see how you could add to our team.Why Cradlepoint?
At Cradlepoint, we're one team - all in on inclusion. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members across the globe helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. Our connected, community-focused culture enables each one of us to perform at our best and fully be ourselves.
Our Cradlepoint values drive everything we do:
Stay humble and hungry: Be a curious learner, resilient, and competitive.
Don't point a finger; lend a hand: We are one team! Communicate, provide support, and lift others.
Make a difference: Prioritize, innovate, differentiate, and think big for customer success. Make a difference in work and in our communities.
Keep it simple: Eliminate complexity. Reduce time to value.
Enjoy the ride: Celebrate - appreciate - grow.
Trust, Respect, and transparency: Be ethical, data-driven, respectful, and straight shooters who share openly.
We are creating the future of global connectivity & community. Come join us. You belong here.Compensation and Benefits at Cradlepoint
At Cradlepoint, we know that our people are the key to our success. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to help with your individual needs and goals. Your Pay:
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate's combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.Your Health:
Cradlepoint offers excellent, competitive employee benefits, such as: subsidized, nationwide PPO medical benefit options including a low-deductible Point of Service Plan and a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), with a generous company-provided HSA contribution. For California employees, we offer a subsidized HMO option through Kaiser. Cradlepoint also offers subsidized dental and vision coverage. Your Financial Security:
We invest in both your short and long-term financial wellbeing. Cradlepoint's 401(k) plan has a 4% company match and immediate vesting. Employees will also receive company-paid employee basic life and AD&D insurance and company-paid disability benefits. Your Time:
Your work-life balance is important to us. Cradlepoint provides generous paid time off, including: 15 days of Flexible Time Off (FTO), four paid quarterly well-being days, and 11 paid annual holidays (includes nine company holidays and up to two floating holidays). Please note that an employee's FTO balance and floating holidays may be prorated in the first year, based on start date. Cradlepoint also offers paid maternity-leave benefits and six weeks 100% paid family leave for all employees. Additional Benefits:
Cradlepoint offers other company-paid benefits such as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, a free Headspace membership, LinkedIn Learning access, Talkspace mobile therapy, and volunteer paid time off.
Cradlepoint's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging mission is to create an inclusive work environment where all employees' differences are celebrated, their thoughts matter, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aim to attract, develop, and engage top talent from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity employment for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.