Regional Sales Manager, AZZ Infrastructure Solutions
The Regional Sales Manager will lead the development and execution of an overall sales and channel development strategy in his / her assigned region to achieve and exceed regional sales targets. The Regional Sales Manager will cultivate strong relationships with strategic and target accounts, understand and influence all the stakeholders in the customer buying journey (including end users, engineering firms, integrators, OEMs, contractors, value add resellers, industry groups, etc.), and develop successful plans to effectively and profitably grow regional business.
The Regional Sales Manager will also be responsible for effectively growing, managing, and converting the regional sales pipeline, utilizing all available resources, including Salesforce CRM and digital marketing strategies such as social selling, serving as the primary account manager on all large projects and developing compelling, professional and timely proposals. He / she will also direct the activities of the agent sales representative network, conducting timely reviews as well as recruiting, hiring and training new agents, as required to grow market share.
We are seeking candidates to cover multiple regions across the country, including the Northeast, Midwest, Southeast and Southcentral.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline is preferred.
Demonstrated track record of success in the sale of electrical infrastructure solutions and services, including but not limited to integrated low and medium voltage switchgear and outdoor enclosures, control and monitoring systems, and medium and high voltage busway and services in the utility, datacenter, battery energy storage, and rail and transit markets.Candidates with experience in the datacenter and battery energy storage space are highly preferred. A strong track record of results is required. A minimum of eight years total outside sales and sales leadership experience in the hi-tech, industrial, and utility space is a must. Experience managing a network of independent representatives and distributors strongly preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Deep understanding of key vertical markets: Data Centers, Battery Energy Storage, Utility, Heavy Industrial, Water / Waste Water Treatment, Oil and Gas preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnering relationships with key customer decision makers.
- Standing relationships industrial and / data center customers a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective customer relationships and to utilize those relationships in order to strategically leverage VOC to collaborate with application engineering to develop innovative, market leading solutions for success.
- Ability to analyze and build a world class sales channel to maximize incremental sales growth, consistently evaluating the sales agent network and distribution channel, providing feedback, direction and making changes as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively develop accurate sales order forecasts.
- Experience employing Miller Heiman account management, Challenger Sales business development, and/or Sales Force CRM a plus.
- Selling / negotiating; can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups at levels within an organization; can settle differences and reach favorable outcomes with minimum impact to the business; can win concessions without damaging relationships / can be direct and assertive as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiation s/ has a good sense of timing and strong emotional intelligence
- Customer focus: dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services as well as the overall customer experience; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision quality: makes sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Lead company sales and business development efforts in the assigned region.
- Understand and implement effective and consistent selling processes as outlined by the VP of Sales and Business Development.
- Create and submit accurate and timely sales reporting as required to the VP of Sales and Business Development.
- Closely monitor and manage the regional sales pipeline. Effectively leading sales efforts on key projects to drive growth. Ensure all Salesforce CRM data is kept up to date and accurate. Develop accurate monthly and quarterly orders forecasts.
- Research, develop, and execute growth strategies and channel development to achieve the assigned targets and grow market share.
- Continually analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the independent representative network and distribution channel to optimize results.
- Establish and implement short and long range goals.
Some office with mostly plant / industrial environments. Must be able to travel up to 75% in support of the business. Travel
Up to 75% domestic travel required.Recommended Skills
- Target Accounts
- Regional Sales
- Business Development
- Selling Techniques
- Customer Experience
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Fort Worth, TXJob Type
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.