Job ID: 262319
Preferred Materials - Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
The Recruiter position is primarily responsible for sourcing, screening, and interviewing Drivers and other hourly positions within our Concrete Division. The Recruiter must possess considerable skill in building relationships with the operations team, recruiting sources, interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all specialized functions in the Concrete Division, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personal policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting; post, recruit, screen and recommended placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
- Partners with generalists and hiring managers to determine staffing needs.
- Drive recruitment efforts across their assigned region. Will work very closely with company HR representatives.
- Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates.
- Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates such as career fairs, on-line job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Assists internal transfer process including screening, coordination of interview with hiring manager, transfer offer letter, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to ensure updated information on the interview process status.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (i.e. benefits, compensation, pre-screenings, etc.).
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations including Affirmative Action Plan compliance.
- Assists in managing current candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Assists with application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Follow up with the related clerical aspects of employment, such as; employment forms notifying the department of employee's starting date and the requisition the employee is filling, etc.
- Screens resumes, interview candidates (by phone or in person), administer appropriate assessments, reference/background checking, make recommendations for hire (or not hire) and deliver employment offers for non-exempt position openings within an assigned territory.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school graduate supplemented by appropriate college level coursework required. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline preferred.
- Experience with recruitment and HR administration strongly preferred.
- Experience in a construction environment preferred.
- Valid state driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Minimum 1-2 years recruiting experience
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials - Concrete Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Fort Myers Nearest Secondary Market:
Cape Coral Job Segment:
Recruiting, Clerical, Construction, Human Resources, Administrative, Engineering