ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
We are seeking a full-time prep Radiochemist responsible for the chemical separation and isolation of radionuclides from solid and aqueous matrices in a low-level environment in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Dedication to supporting goals, objectives, and philosophies of ALS.
- A commitment to cross training
- Responsible to have a good understanding of the chemical separation procedure and develop an expertise such that atypical conditions are recognized and the impact to data quality is appropriately assessed and documented.
- The chemist is responsible to learn and utilize computer software and systems required to process data.
- Responsible to accurately document results in controlled logbooks, bench sheets, etc.
- Responsible to put a prep package together and accurately review this information for compliance and completeness.
- Must develop an understanding of quality control and the requirements of quality control.
- Recognize and maintain safe working conditions. Handle hazardous material appropriately and safely. Use appropriate safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diligent work ethic and the ability to work as a team member
- Familiarity with computer systems; A working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets a plus
- Knowledge of basic lab skills, i.e. use of balances, pipettes, quantitative transfer of samples
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details
- High energy level, confidence, and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field or two years experience in an analytical lab.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Able to sit and /or stand for 8 hours per day.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and laboratory equipment.
ALS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health Coverage: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Retirement Plan: 401(k) and Roth contributions with a company match after 6 months of employment
- Paid Time Off, Vacation
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Other: Ancillary benefits
Salary range: $13.00 - $14.50
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster