Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Radar Systems Engineer to be based in our Mount Laurel, NJ office.
Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex defense systems, is currently accepting applications for an anticipated Systems Engineer role requiring 3+ years of experience for a position in support of its innovative automated solutions. This position offers an engineer the opportunity to utilize his/her knowledge and talents as part of a collaborative team developing software for a growing company.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Apply advanced software technologies and principles to develop innovative solutions for in-service and next generation radar systems
- Design, develop, and implement radar systems
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Responsible for the software design, quality, and performance meeting requirements
- Work closely with the rest of the development organization to ensure top-notch software quality and implement best practices
- Work with the customer to drive complex technical issues/challenges to closure
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics, or Math. Master's Degree in Engineering or other technical field highly desired
- 3+ years of experience in engineering or related field
- Experience in Systems Engineering and System Integration, Verification and Validation Testing
- Demonstrated experience in a lab environment performing formal testing, performing integration, following processes, developing test methodologies and developing test and analysis tools
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Radar domain knowledge to include Radar Cross Section (RCS), Signal Processing, Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR), SPY-1 and or SPY-6
- Experience with Aegis Combat System
- Experience with DOORS (Requirement Management), MATLAB, UNIX/Linux, Java or C++
- Demonstrated knowledge of other related disciplines (e.g. Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Configuration Management, Mission Assurance)
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, creativity, reliability
- Ability to adapt to and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in teams, strong teamwork skills
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.