We are seeking an R&D Specialist to join our cancer vaccine development group in Oncology Research. The successful candidate will support the development of cancer vaccine formats and combination therapies. This individual will work on a team that tests novel vaccine formats in preclinical mouse tumor models. This role requires an individual with a strong background in developing in vitro assays, T cell biology, and immunology. Extensive knowledge of functional immune cell assays and, basic cell culture and/or molecular biology techniques is required. Additionally, some experience in Flow cytometry and mouse handling is preferred.
As an R&D Specialist in the cancer vaccine team, a typical day might include the following:
-Isolation, differentiation, and culture of mouse primary cells (B cells, T cells, BMDCs, BMDMs etc.)
- Perform functional assays on primary mouse cells, including blood, spleen, lymph nodes and tumor immune cells.
-Perform additional immune assays including ELISPOT, ELISA and reporter T cell assays.
-Prepare samples for molecular analysis including nucleic acid extraction (DNA and RNA), RT-PCR, Western blotting
-Harvest mouse tissues and perform tissue dissociation and cell enrichment.
- Support development of mouse tumor studies, tumor, or blood collection (submandibular, terminal bleeds)
This role might be for you if:
- You can work both independently and collaboratively with other internal research teams to jointly develop and advance technology-forward methods to compare novel vaccine formats in mouse tumor models.
- You are experienced in isolation of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes and, methods of primary immune cell culture and functional assays.
- You are an independent thinker and have problem-solving abilities.
- You excel at maintaining documentation, performing data analysis independently, organizing and presenting data at internal group meetings
To be considered for this position the candidate should have an MS + 2or BS in Molecular Biology, Immunology or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in immunology and/or vaccine biology. We are looking for a candidate with proven experience in primary immune cell culture, murine T cell functional assays and hands-on experience in molecular and cell biology in oncology with a preference for mouse handling, tumor implantation/growth studies and mouse injections (i.v., s.c., i.p). Strong written and oral communication skills are required. Experience with multicolor flow cytometry staining is preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.