Regeneron is seeking a motivated R&D Associate to join a highly collaborative team working on type 2 diseases (allergy, Asthma, COPD) and B cell biology. This individual will have the opportunity to support a broad pipeline by executing in vivo experiments in mice as well as in vitro assays. Candidate should prefer working in a team-driven environment, possess organizational skills and communicate openly and frequently with manager and team members.
As an R&D Associate in Inflammation & Immunology, a typical day may include the following:
• Conducting primary cell-based assays, including PBMC isolation, mouse and human B cell purification and in vitro activation
• Working with mice using proper handling and care, various injection techniques, tissue processing and purification of immune cells
• Multicolor flow cytometry (FACS), ELISA, ELISPOT and MesoScale Discovery (MSD) assays
• Developing new mouse models, designing in vitro assays or technologies and troubleshooting methodological and technical issues to advance project goals
• Communicating results to manager regularly and presenting to the broader team in lab meetings
• Contributing to Lab and equipment maintenance and ordering supplies/reagents to help create a safe, effective and efficient working environment
This role may be for you if:
• You are a strong team player with great communication skills
• Fast learner with the ability to acquire new techniques and skills in the field of immunology
• You are highly organized, flexible and motivated
• You are skilled in interpreting, analyzing and presenting research data and enjoy working in a fast-paced, result oriented research environment
To be considered for this position, you must have a BS/MS with at least 1-4 years of experience in a related scientific field and have a solid understanding of biological research. Proven experience in tissue culture, cell-based assays and ELISA is required. Experience with flow cytometry and multiplex assays (Luminex, MSD) is preferred. Proven training in the proper handling and care of mice, general injection techniques, and the collection of blood and tissue samples is desired. Basic experience collecting and analyzing biological data on the computer is a necessity. Experience with GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, SoftMax Pro and Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) Workbench software is preferred. Additionally, maintenance of state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, and accurate and complete record keeping is essential.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.