Responsible for the activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished assemblies or components.
Education and Training
- Audit elements of the quality system per established procedures and report audit results to quality management. Assist management in implementing quality systems elements.
- Maintain document control system per established procedures. Advise management on potential quality system issues and recommend improvements to the quality system. Document quality work instructions as directed.
- Demonstrated ability to understand GD&T and interpret engineering drawings for inspection use.
- Develop and run CMM programs and operate CMM equipment for production parts.
- Assist manufacturing in start-up of new processes PPAP as well as necessary MPAP's PPAP associated with equipment moves.
- Maintain documentation of quality audits and report audit results to management. Advise quality and manufacturing engineering on potential quality issues.
- Assist in production training as directed by management.
- Make use of measuring equipment as needed for assigned tasks. Maintain gauges and measuring equipment. Maintain a current calibration system per established procedures. Recommend repair, replacement or upgrade of gauges and measuring equipment to management.
- Assist production in the use, maintenance, availability and training for assigned measuring equipment and gauges. Coordinate and assist with equipment installation and start up and purchase of measuring and testing devices.
- All other activities as directed by management
- Associate Degree in Quality Assurance or other related degree program or equivalent experience in applicable area is acceptable.
- ASQ CWI or CWE preferred
- Zeiss Calypso training preferred
- Must have 3-5 years of manufacturing quality or engineering related experience
- 2 years of welding, fabricating, and/or machining experience preferred
- Familiar with the use of gauges (calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Experience in process capability and gauge R & R studies
- Familiar with SPC
- Assertive, self-confident, and meticulous
- Strong team work skills
- Experience in training others
- Constant sitting and grasping
- Occasional driving, grasping and pinching
- Minimal standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing and reaching
- Lift up to 5 lbs.
- Carry up to 5 lbs. approximately 25 feet
- Push/Pull 10 lbs. of force 5 feet
- Work Environment: Office/Administrative
- Lighting: Adequate
- Ventilation: Adequate
- Temperature: Temperature Controlled with AC/Heat.
- Innovative - Feeling comfortable in fast-changing environments; being willing to take risks and to consider new and untested approaches
- Persuasive - Building commitment by convincing others and winning them over to your point of view
- Excitement - Operating with a good deal of energy, intensity and emotional expression; having a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved
- Tactical - Emphasizing the production of immediate results by focusing on short-range, hands-on, practical strategies
- Feedback - Letting others know in a straightforward manner what you think of them, how well they have performed and if they have met your needs and expectations
- Production - Adopting a strong orientation toward achievement, holding high expectations for yourself and others, pushing yourself and others to achieve at high levels
- Cooperation - Accommodating the needs and interests of others by being willing to defer performance on your own objectives in order to assist colleagues with theirs
- Consensual - Valuing the ideas and opinions of others and collecting their input as part of your decision-making process.
- Empathy - Demonstrating an active concern for people and their needs by forming close and supportive relationships with others
- Attention to Detail - Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Development & Continual Learning - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Facilitating Groups - Enables cooperative and productive group interactions.
- Listening - Understands and learns from what others say.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
- Tact - Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.
- Training & Presenting Information - Formally delivers information to groups.
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice. Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.