Job Description & Requirements
The QA Tech is responsible for efficiently and accurately performing tasks related to the testing of product, setting of samples, and follow-thru on several Quality Assurance programs.
- Familiarity with all applicable equipment and provide quality inspections on all related items.
- Perform of microbiological and chemical testing of finished products, raw materials and associated items as required.
- Involvement in product weight control, antibiotic testing, lab equipment maintenance and calibration and lab sanitation.
- Maintain communication with other departments and employees as to notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtain and maintain State certification for antibiotic testing within company guidelines.
- Responsible for adhering to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and SQF requirements
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- 1 years related experience required
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Has the ability to flavor milk based, sugar based, and caffeine based products.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally including overhead.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Exposure to chemicals. May have exposure to eggs, strawberries, milk products and nuts.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.