Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated.
The Quality & Engineering Manager is responsible to plan, develop, and direct quality assurance and engineering policies, programs, and initiatives. They will establish, oversee, and lead the Quality and Engineering department to ensure that products are developed, manufactured, maintained, and shipped according to customer specifications and consistent with the Company's quality standards. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic planning and improvement initiatives for the quality and reliability of our products and the management of internal and external relationships while ensuring compliance with the Quality Management System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and audits the quality management system
- Direct involvement with corrective and preventative action activities
- Engages with customers to resolve product related concerns
- Leads sales order contract review for customer requirements
- Monitors and evaluates the manufacturing production processes
- Responsible for the item masters, BOMs and routings in the MRP system
- Ensures timely release of engineering information
- Effective leadership of the quality and engineering team
- Evaluate employee performance and establish team performance and development plans.
- Maintain ISO 9001 certification
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Adaptable to organizational shifts, competing demands, and new responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize within strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Critical and creative thinking
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Positive team orientation and effective leader of change
- Takes the initiative with a sense of urgency
- Solid problem identification and structured problem solving
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
Physical Demand and Work Environment
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience required; engineering discipline preferred
- 3+ years' experience with quality management systems required
- Prior manufacturing experience required
- Low volume, high mix environment preferred
- 3+ years' experience working in a sand cast iron foundry highly preferred
- Prior customer facing experience required
Work environment includes occasional exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels and dust particles. The incumbent will spend time occasionally in the direct production environment. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during times on the production floor.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com