Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
The Installer Helper assists the Pump Installer in all aspects of pump removal, cleaning, repair and reinstallation
Work cohesively with the pump installer and other crew members to:
- Ensure the necessary equipment is on the job site prior to work starting, this may include pump pulling rigs, pump hoists, support equipment, tooling, PPE, etc.
- Ensure the necessary equipment is rigged up correctly and safely
- Remove and reinstall well pumping assemblies per the furnished work order (job instructions)
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble client well pumps
- Conduct tasks associated with well rehabilitations including mechanical and chemical means and methods
- Arrange for and assist a Logging Technician to conduct a video survey of a well
- Troubleshoot problems arising from unexpected pump repair issues
- Operate support equipment and rigs as needed to complete the specified tasks
- Oversee the safety of the crew while on the job site and ensure that all crew members have the proper PPE and safe tooling to complete the required tasks
- Interact with customers, as needed
- Maintain detailed job reports such as time sheets, well test data sheets, rehabilitation reports, video survey logs, etc.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- Able to travel
- Manage equipment resources and helpers based on the work order expectations
- Perform various housekeeping tasks to ensure work area remains clean and safe
- Maintain knowledge and adherence to Layne and the customer's safety policies
- Maintain Knowledge and adherence to Layne Policy and Procedures
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Communicate effectively with the crew, the client, and the supervisor
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Obtain and maintain a Class A CDL and Layne driver qualifications
- Obtain Industrial Specific safety training as required such as a TWIC Card
- Obtain a NCCCO Crane Certification if required to utilize a service crane
- Forklift Certification
- OSHA Certification
- MSHA Certifications
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and fit for duty physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a small hand tools. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a summary of essential functions associated with this particular position and does not necessarily limit this job title solely to the essential functions listed in this document.About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.